Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Mission types at CiA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I would like to know what the preferred type of missions is at CiA. Is it the typical cooperative game mode with 20 players vs AI, or is there a chance to see human+ai vs human+ai or human vs human+ai missions used?

We play mainly coop with only humans in our team. From time to time (if we are few players on server) we can allow AIs as crew in e.g. tanks .
We have some good A&D missions (PvP, humans vs humans) which we play now and then, (I would like more of them but not all agree with me on this).

Hi,

I see. That said it is mostly unlikely that the following large scale scenario might be played on CiA:

Bluefor (attacker): 12 human players in 8 units

Human Positions

Unitnr, Squadnr and type (number of persons) - Human played positions

1st Platoon, 1st Squad (12), HQ - Squad Leader
 1st Platoon, 2nd Squad (12) - Squad Leader
 1st Platoon, 3rd Squad (12) - Squad Leader

2nd Platoon, 1st Squad (12) - Squad Leader
 2nd Platoon, 2nd Squad (12) - Squad Leader
 2nd Platoon, 3rd Squad (12) - Squad Leader

Special Forces Squad (4) - Squad Leader and three squad members

Air Support Squad (2) - for transport and recovering duties

RedFor (defender): 6 human players in 6 units plus AI controlled units

Human Positions

1st Platoon, 1st Squad (12), HQ - Squad Leader
 1st Platoon, 2nd Squad (12) - Squad Leader
 1st Platoon, 3rd Squad (12) - Squad Leader
 1st Platoon, 4th Squad (12) - Squad Leader

1st Mechanized Platoon, 1st Squad (12) - Squad Leader
 1st Mechanized Platoon, 2nd Squad (12) - Squad Leader

plus AI controlled Platoons and DAC squads.

Or am I wrong, and there is a chance of playing such missions here? If not, I guess I am out of luck, for WGL seems to be pretty much dead over the internet.
(01-18-2010, 10:17 PM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]We play mainly coop with only humans in our team. From time to time (if we are few players on server) we can allow AIs as crew in e.g. tanks .
We have some good A&D missions (PvP, humans vs humans) which we play now and then, (I would like more of them but not all agree with me on this).

What would you say for Player vs AIs with 1, maybe 2 players to (if I can get it working) commander some of the AI squad, and control artillery and sniper teams and such stuff.
(01-18-2010, 10:51 PM)Mjolnir link Wrote: [ -> ]What would you say for Player vs AIs with 1, maybe 2 players to (if I can get it working) commander some of the AI squad, and control artillery and sniper teams and such stuff.
There are some groups who play missions like that in Arma2 with the High Command module as support.
I find this type of mission intersting and would like to try it. CE lite could be used to give basic command over AI groups...
(01-18-2010, 10:51 PM)Mjolnir link Wrote: [ -> ]What would you say for Player vs AIs with 1, maybe 2 players to (if I can get it working) commander some of the AI squad, and control artillery and sniper teams and such stuff.

I find AI's even more difficult to command than humans (at least they don't respond to my freakouts >Sad), and why use AI as sniper? It's the fun part and I'm better Tongue

Does AA2 have another command level? New to me, but interesting.
(01-18-2010, 11:26 PM)Zwobot link Wrote: [ -> ]There are some groups who play missions like that in Arma2 with the High Command module as support.
I find this type of mission intersting and would like to try it. CE lite could be used to give basic command over AI groups...

Have done some experimenting wite high command module but havent found any way to have sub levels in the command structure if only using Ai. Any one know it its possible?
But if you have a humans in all key posissions its possible to do Platon or Company style missions(or even a full scale battalion senario)
Amra2 High Command is not very good. You can build multiple command levels but you can't really play that way because it is not possible to assign formations to a sub-formation leader. That means you can give a waypoint to a sub-leader and it is passed down to his subordinates but they will all move into the same spot. It's not even possible to order subordinate units into formation with the/a leader.
You can't mount and dismount vehicles properly...
(01-18-2010, 11:26 PM)Zwobot link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Mjolnir link=topic=2062.msg11426#msg11426 date=1263847860]
What would you say for Player vs AIs with 1, maybe 2 players to (if I can get it working) commander some of the AI squad, and control artillery and sniper teams and such stuff.
There are some groups who play missions like that in Arma2 with the High Command module as support.
[/quote]

That would be a level above I originally envisioned it: Direct human control over squad sized formations.

Any feedback on this (see my longer post before)?
@Zwobot
Ok then i havent missed anything, as i have experienced the same things my self when using high command. Its basiclly a go there tool at the moment.(strange that they dident include all/more of options you have in your squad command menu)