Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Project Reality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone of You is playing the BF2 mod Project Reality (http://www.realitymod.com). It in a way brought me to military simulations and is certainly worth a look. It has a large online gaming community - you can find many full servers in the evening - and many servers like Tactical Gamer, Chiicago Insurgency, UKF or RT offer teamplay unobserved in many games: 64 players in two teams, allmost all VOIP, in a three level command structure (Commander-Squad Leader-Grunt).

Note that it might be wise to wait for some weeks when the version 0.9 comes out so You dont have to re-download 4 GB of files to upgrade the mod.

Cheers,

wuschel
I have tried it few times, but didn't like it so much. I guess it makes BF2 a little bit more playable game (removing the HUD trash,etc), but it's still BF.
I hated the respawning, when a player dies, he respawns in some weird place - team gets split up all the time. There's not much times when a full team is moving together...
Plus, I didn't get the meaning of "kit-system", you need to request a kit to do anything special, like driving an APC? And from who you request it?
You are right: It is based on BF2, and as such many features from BF2 are included, be it willingly or not.

The respawning is worked over and will be different in 0.9. Most of the time You will only be able to spawn in the main base or in constructed forward outposts.

The kit system is quite simple once one gets the grip on it: You can only request special kits when standing either next to a supply crate of Your own team or right behind an APC of Your team. To do it You hold press "T", click on "Request kit" and choose the desired kit from the menu.

About the teams not moving together: That depends very much on the players You are playing with. There are servers where You will find  multiple infantry squads working together with CAS and heavy ground assets in a tight command structure. Check out Tactical Gamer or UKWF. And, of course there are times when You will just see the server beeing filled up by idiots.

You might want to read the manual and give it another try with the use of a microphone and good teamwork server.

I came from BF2TongueR to Operation Flashpoint. And while I have to say that OPF:WGL has better potential to provide realistic gameplay, it seems that most missions played nowadays are CTI, CTF or COOP. In a way I regard a PvP missions with AIs on both sides the best mix, like once played on the Zeus Servers. However, I guess I will never see company sized forces clashing, at least not in OPF:WGL. So for me it seems that the insurgency and AAS mode in PR is the only choicewhen You I want to experience teamplay on larger scale (My notebook can not handle ARMA2).

Ive played it a couple of times. I recently tried it again, and imo the newest version has kind of broken it. The first time I played it was in .7 and it was great, everything I hoped it would be. However, when I played it last week (on my brothers computer  as mine isn't good enough) it simply wasn't the same.