Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Microphone feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so last week people could hear themselves when I talked. I was told to disable all the input devices except for my microphone. I'm afraid I couldn't quite figure out what you guys were talking about, but indeed, a picture is worth a 1000 words, even if it's not lampooning American "football" (handegg).

Is this the settings window you guys were talking about?

[Image: tsshot.png]

I'm not sure which option, if any, is my microphone. I've just got a little microphone headset that plugs into my computer. It doesn't run off of USB or anything.

What's even more strange is that, reportedly, I never had this problem before. But I don't believe I ever altered my TS sound input settings till people starting saying they were hearing feedback. ???

The only thing that might have changed was that my Dad turned on an Audacity feature that made it record directly off the sound card. It's been switched back now, though. ???
I guess it's the SoundMAX, as I have the 'Primary Sound Capture' one plus one called 'Microphone Realtek'
Quote:I guess it's the SoundMAX

Are you saying that my microphone is the SoundMax? I'll try switching it over next co-op night.
Your Input Device is SoundMAX soundcard, in TS you should always use the actual soundcard rather then the default device
(let windows decide what's best for you, hu?).

And when we speak about SoundMAX you probably have a SoundMAX control panel too.
[Image: 8979bc67705514.gif]

As you see I have disabled all inputs (lower panel) except the microphone. Output doesn't matter that much.
Many thanks OL. So now, in teamspeak options, I have "SoundMAX HD Audio I" highlighted instead of "Primary Sound Capture Driver." In the SoundMAX control panel, all of my "record" sliders have been turned red except for microphone (actually, they already were disabled).

Does that sound like it should work?
That should be OK. If not, take a look at Windows sound CP.
(02-12-2010, 12:04 AM)RKDmitriyev link Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks OL. So now, in teamspeak options, I have "SoundMAX HD Audio I" highlighted instead of "Primary Sound Capture Driver." In the SoundMAX control panel, all of my "record" sliders have been turned red except for microphone (actually, they already were disabled).

Does that sound like it should work?

You can use TS to record yourself in order to test the sound quality of your microphone. You don't need to wait for the next coop.