Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Bring back memories?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Not really. What is that, Doom? I was 2 when that was released. Am I making you feel old? Tongue
(02-18-2010, 04:14 AM)RKDmitriyev link Wrote: [ -> ]Am I making you feel old? Tongue

Yes.
(02-17-2010, 08:59 PM)Marto link Wrote: [ -> ]
sweet pictures from my childhood
That's no Doom. It's a modernized port of Doom. The original runs in DOS mode 13h (320x200x8) and has no fancy hardware texture filtering nor dynamic colored lightning. The textures were nowhere near that high resolution. It didn't have "look up and down", the engine simply didn't have the capability to pitch the camera at all, this designed limitation allowed for a faster texture mapping algorithm to be used.
Even if it's not the original Doom - tonight I'll see nightmares about that (along with [url=
I was wondering about that. It looked to me like a cross between Doom and Half Life. Big Grin
(02-18-2010, 08:30 AM)Pulverizer link Wrote: [ -> ]That's no Doom. It's a modernized port of Doom. The original runs in DOS mode 13h (320x200x8) and has no fancy hardware texture filtering nor dynamic colored lightning. The textures were nowhere near that high resolution. It didn't have "look up and down", the engine simply didn't have the capability to pitch the camera at all, this designed limitation allowed for a faster texture mapping algorithm to be used.

How the hell do you always know this stuff? Smile
I'm pretty sure he makes it up  Wink Big Grin

I'm so old I have many 8-bit war stories to tell.

Here's what I was playing in 8th grade:

[url=
I reckon you're still playing it Anguis.....

Here's what I was playing....

(02-18-2010, 09:13 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]How the hell do you always know this stuff? Smile
Well, I have no life, therefore lots of time to fill my head with completely useless information ;D
Looks like Quake (1), one of the many Doom-successors along with e.g Rotten.
(02-19-2010, 12:23 PM)Pulverizer link Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I have no life, therefore lots of time to fill my head with completely useless information ;D
It's only February but this one got my vote for "Understatement Of The Year" prize Smile

(02-18-2010, 09:13 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]How the hell do you always know this stuff? Smile
He for sure not have a demanding newlywed wife Wink
Anguis, and Marto when I was in 8th grade we didnt have any video games (or computers) so we had to play with girls instead, man it was a different world.
Pages: 1 2