Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: on disconnect script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IF this script is working well, it should be used in all missions in my opinion, but im a poor misison-maker. What do you skilled-Guys think about it?

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?...1&game=OFP

Cheers Tony

What do you think this would be needed for? The only useful example I can think of right now is to join grpNull a disconnected leader to get rid of an AI as a groupleader...
yeah thats what i understood of it. And even when not leader, it is sometimes necesseary to teamkill an ai group member in some situations and later on you will be shot of friendly ai´s for this teamkill...
The idea is not bad but the method is way too complicated IMO. The best way would be to use local scripts to check when a non-local unit has become local. Ie, a player has become AI and is now local to a player group leader or the group leader has become AI on the server.

The only reason to use constant ping sending would be to reduce the 90s timeout but that isn't really necessary in coop games, only in CTI, CTF etc where cutting one's connection on purpose could be used for cheating.