Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: OP Red Balloons this Sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
New mission for tomorrow: Operation Red Balloons.

Heliborne Rangers assault a Falafel Islamic Army T-80 position on Freya...

See you all this Sunday night. Smile
Well, it'll be Mothers' Day over here, so it'd be sacrilegious of me to fire up OFP tomorrow. Not wanting to face Hell, either here or There, I wish you all your fill of good Falafel plundering! Smile

Pray for me.
Yayyyy Marto is back!  8) Big Grin ;D Tongue Smile

It's a Victory day over here, so there's no point playing, we have already won. Or I should just play Call of Duty 5 and shoot some nazi zombies.

No, I'll join anyway.
Mission ready for tonight's coop.

Three teams of 4 rangers.

Assault/command team

Heavy AT team

60mm mortar team

OPERATION RED BALLOONS

We have intercepted enemy transmissions using the codewords "RED BALLOONS" and have discovered that this relates to the Falafel Islamic Army (FIA) having positioned two T-80 MBTs dominating the road here. We are heading behind enemy lines to neutralise these "RED BALLOONS".

SITUATION:
Enemy: Hardcore FIA insurgents. T-80 MBTs and possibly supporting mechanised AFVs.
Friendly: FLOT and FWD CMD post.

MISSION:
Your ranger team is to destroy the enemy MBTs.

EXECUTION:
You are enroute by Blackhawk and will fast insert at this LZ. The LZ could be hot. Destroy equipment and vehicles at the objective. Extract by foot back to our FLOT.

ADMIN AND LOG:
Your team has two Javelin tubes and an extra missile and 4 M72A6s to counter any armoured threat. Offensive support is your M224 60mm mortar team - 11x HE and 5x WP.
Med plan: Your squad carries field dressings and has an organic medic.

COMMAND AND SIGS:
Signals: All team members are to communicate via Teamspeak.

OBJECTIVES
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clear the objective of all FIA.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroy the two T-80 MBTs.

Destroy any C3 equipment or vehicles.

Destroy any ammunition supplies.

Extract to our FLOT.

Sorry I had to disappear so suddenly last night, my stepdad had a blowout on his car front wheel and I had to go help him fix it.

That said, fuck your mission, fuck the LZ, fuck that damn mortar.  Tongue

There is no way that should have happened. Dead between leaving the helicopter and hitting the ground (really set the atmosphere for the mission though Tongue) and and the only casualty from a mortar falling short... shortly after making a joke about it falling short.  :-[
Quote:fuck that damn mortar

Eeeeeek mental images  :o
Yeah Kurtz's Danger Close "drop short" mortar hit about 5m in front of me... fortunately I was just behind a fold in the ground and wasn't sticking my head up... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
As for getting out of the chopper MJ...., all I can say is...... "Too fat, too slow....." Wink Big Grin Big Grin
Edited "Quick Clearance" mission on St David. Changed the VD to 1000 from 1500. Only 6-7 en vehicles so that shouldn't cause lag. Artillery usually doesn't cause lag, and the artillery wasn't being used when lag came. Maybe the ITOW launcher? Or some other vehicle causing it, maybe FIA MTLB like that 2x 23mm AA vehicle in FDF always causes lag? Will be interesting to see if lower VD will reduce lag...
(05-10-2010, 06:35 PM)Marto link Wrote: [ -> ]As for getting out of the chopper MJ...., all I can say is...... "Too fat, too slow....." Wink Big Grin Big Grin

I was there for dramatic irony and also to make the situation seem far worse than it was. I was the nameless redshirt. The guy who makes a joke about getting killed on the LZ and doesn't actually make it to the floor before being cut in half by .50cal fire. Tongue

We played that mission twice, and both times I had some strange bug that prevented me from disembarking the chopper in time. I had hit disembark button like 10 times or so and still nothing. First time I disembarked while chopper was on ground, but second time, I actually disembarked only to realize that chopper went into air again and I fell and died. Lame. There was definitely some lag. But mission itself seems cool.
(05-11-2010, 01:02 PM)Mjolnir link Wrote: [ -> ]I was the nameless redshirt. The guy who makes a joke about getting killed on the LZ and doesn't actually make it to the floor before being cut in half by .50cal fire. Tongue

And wasn't that friendly .50 Calfire??? Big Grin Big Grin
(05-12-2010, 01:40 AM)Misha link Wrote: [ -> ]We played that mission twice, and both times I had some strange bug that prevented me from disembarking the chopper in time. I had hit disembark button like 10 times or so and still nothing. First time I disembarked while chopper was on ground, but second time, I actually disembarked only to realize that chopper went into air again and I fell and died. Lame. There was definitely some lag. But mission itself seems cool.

Strange. Maybe try eject just before chopper hits the ground. I do that and it worked fine. And hit the dirt when you disembark as well... don't run in front of the chopper gunner like "someone"........  Wink
(05-10-2010, 06:42 PM)Marto link Wrote: [ -> ]Edited "Quick Clearance" mission on St David. Changed the VD to 1000 from 1500. Only 6-7 en vehicles so that shouldn't cause lag. Artillery usually doesn't cause lag, and the artillery wasn't being used when lag came. Maybe the ITOW launcher? Or some other vehicle causing it, maybe FIA MTLB like that 2x 23mm AA vehicle in FDF always causes lag? Will be interesting to see if lower VD will reduce lag...

I think the server was just behaving erratically that day. My The Wilderness mission which we played after that usually has no lag at all, but it was unbelievably laggy on Sunday. Ultimately, both the game server and teamspeak server crashed for me, and presumably the others as well. I couldn't access the CiA website for a while after that. To me that suggests that there was some kind of server maintenance or excessive traffic unrelated to us. Don't know enough about the internet to say for sure. As I recall even Clean Sweep was unusually laggy that day.
Pages: 1 2