Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: A little AI.... "Enhancement"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I put enhancement in the inverted commas, because its less an actually enhancement for AI, and more an enhancement for the players, more about the feel of Modern Warfare. This set of scripts makes the AI use covering fire, it needs tweaking a bit, but it also makes the enemy rush the players position. Test it out, see what you think.

http://www.filefront.com/16505591/67.freya.rar

Just put it in your mission editor missions file, and go north and try to kill all the AIs around hill 67,and see what happens.
Interesting.

I got a lot of return fire, but they never rushed me...
Yeah, after a little testing myself, it seems they are reluctant to rush you a lot of the time. I have had them rush me a few times, but it is definitely erratic.
Pretty wicked - cool to see! I didn't get rushed, but they covered their movement pretty well.
what do you mean by "rushed"?
They did not break from their patrol route and assault my ambush (I died just the same, though. . .). They would return fire - some would fire on me while the rest continued on, then, it appeared that they, more or less, switched roles and moved on along the patrol route.
(05-21-2010, 10:19 PM)Anguis Viridis link Wrote: [ -> ]They did not break from their patrol route and assault my ambush (I died just the same, though. . .). They would return fire - some would fire on me while the rest continued on, then, it appeared that they, more or less, switched roles and moved on along the patrol route.

I see, thanks.