Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Opinions!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I've been thinking that should I buy Arma 2. I have played the demo many times and one thing that really bugs me are the AIs that had no idea what to do on the battlefield. Or atleast in the game mode where you need to capture the cities. They were just hopeless and the difference between normal difficulty and the next one were huge. If I played normal my (bot) team ended up r*ping their base in 15 minutes and on the "bit" harder difficulty I didn't manage to capture the oupost next to the respawn!

So is it how good in coop? were the Ai improved after release of the demo?

IS IT WORTH BUYING?

And yes I know you can't make my chooses but atleast you can help! so what do you think? Is it worth buying? And has the CIA arma2 coop-nights been working and are they how popular?  Smile
Remember when you are playing coop (at least on the CiA server) you play with humans, not AIs. We leave them for the enemies to control....

And if it worth buying? I would say so, got new stuff compared to OFP as you surely have seen in the demo. And thet brings me to the next issue, remember it's just a demo (full of bugs) with limitations.
true, true, but how much they improved the AI from demo to complete game? It's not even possible to make huge changes to the AI in that short time and with so little developement yet to make!

And can expecially the coop be so enjoyable if the Ai sucks hard?

But what kind of experiences have you had? I did wach one video made from arma2 coop night and it was pretty nice. And are there problems with the server? Or that's what I've understood!
We use Zeus AI enhancment script on server, I'll promise they'll outsmart you more than once... Wink
No doubt about that! I'm only afraid that our whole team dont get outsmarted Big Grin

Have there been alot of players in these arma2 coop nights? Hmm... got birthday coming soon. Maybe dont even need to use my own money >Big Grin
The game has improved significantly through the long evolution OFP->Arma1->Arma2. If you somewhat liked the demo and you got the hardware to run it - I couldn't think any good reason why not to buy it...

(05-24-2010, 07:38 AM)Bubba link Wrote: [ -> ]Have there been alot of players in these arma2 coop nights?

There's been lately 7-9 players every tuesday, which gives great single squad action. And of course, many missions are very entertaining and fully doable even with much fewer players.
Yeah. Maybe I'll then be playing with you, in couple of weeks.

And yeah. I could even say I prefer missions with 3-6 men doing some special-covert-ops-silent-sniper shit Big Grin
But there's nothing wrong in bigger missions and more players Big Grin

And yeah I can run demo on high settings (and with few bars rised a bit (like view distance))

But does the online gameplay require alot more than playing SP? How much will I need to lower setting? For I'm able to enjoy playing a game like that on medium settings but low just dispels the realism and enjoyability for me!  :Smile
Quote:And yeah I can run demo on high settings (and with few bars rised a bit (like view distance))

But does the online gameplay require alot more than playing SP? How much will I need to lower setting? For I'm able to enjoy playing a game like that on medium settings but low just dispels the realism and enjoyability for me!  :Smile

The demo is a bit less demanding on hardware than the full game, probably because it doesn't have the big Chernarus island. I'm not sure will you be able to run the game on High, but you'll do just fine!

I haven't really noticed much difference in performance between SP / MP coop, but in Warfare game mode I sometimes had very low framerates online. Probably really heavy on CPU, because of all players and huge amounts of AIs.
Shouldn't be different specs hence to SP vs MP (exept for a good net connection). VD is normally set by servers, it's one of the bottlenecks according to smooth game..
For me the most annoying part of ArmA2 so far, and why I haven't played it as much as OFP, is that it's just so much harder to see stuff. By stuff I mean anything: friends, enemies, objectives, etc. Part of it's my lack of experience, but I think it's also due to the very inconsistent graphics quality and the many more objects around. "Realistic," yes, but so far not quite as enjoyable as OFP. :-\
@Kurtz, if you have really low graphic settings, you might have harder time to see things... ideal settings would be at least "Normal" on all (excluding anti-aliasing and post-processing - they can be set to low/off if required) and minimum 100% for 3D resolution. Not less.

Anyway, even for people having average performance and details, the "bad" visibility can be shocking at first... you just need some patience. The more you play, the more familiar you will get it. At some point you realize that it isn't so hard to spot enemies after all. You just need know what to look for, what kind of pixels, and know how enemies pop out in each type of terrain in their different stances.
Yeah. The way the games graphics are made makes the game way too blurry on low settings! And I just tried metro2033 and it set the graphic setting to very high on default and that is one nice looking game.
So I do believe I'll be able to run it on high if I just take few settings a bit lower!