Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: [CiA] Arma 2 coop night AAR 25.5.2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On tuesday 25.5.2010, approximately 2100 hours CET

Our brave 8-men spetnaz group was assigned task of raiding american artillery base near Topolka Dam, southeast Chernarus.
Overlord was selected to lead this operation, following with team of Suchy, Osku, Zandhaas, Jäger, Zwobot, Variable and Ugi.

Starting on the landing zone/camp far northeast:

[Image: arma22010052522225941.th.jpg]

Near our camp we found Ural truck and two ammo crates, which contained dozen of different russian rifles, MGs, mines and explosives. After (over)equipping ourselves, team boarded the truck and I was driving. Headed south on the dirt road towards our next stop: some kind of Stash.

[Image: arma22010052611163220.th.jpg]

Unfortunately this Stash didn't contain Vodka - only few more weapons which we didn't really need now. Continued forward through the forests and approaching enemy positions from south:

[URL=
Later on, three players (me, Zandhaas and Overlord) defected to the US side and went out to seize few Chedaki held villages - Kabanino and Grishino in northwest Chernarus.
We had one AAV-7 available, which we took advantage of. Here's a video of us in Kabanino:

[URL=
Man, I need a new computer. . .
(05-26-2010, 04:19 PM)Anguis Viridis link Wrote:Man, I need a new computer. . .

LOL, exact same reaction here. Big Grin
What exactly is this playClaw.com Osku? Can you use it only for a limited time until you have to buy it?
(05-26-2010, 05:36 PM)Zwobot link Wrote:What exactly is this playClaw.com Osku? Can you use it only for a limited time until you have to buy it?

PlayClaw is video recorder and screencap software. It also includes Teamspeak 2/3 overlays, and that's the main reason why I'm using it. As far as I know, it's currently the only overlay that works with combination of Arma2 and Windows 7 x64. You need to buy it after 15-day trial period. If there is new version released, you can update and get 15 days again.
What happend to gg tonight?  Smile Epic game Report Osku, make a whole new standard  Big Grin

(05-26-2010, 03:57 PM)Osku link Wrote:On tuesday 25.5.2010, approximately 2100 hours CET
What happened then, OL/Ugi, you got wounded a bit earlier and bled out in the vehicle, or was the mission completed?

We got injured by the hits we took in the start of your recordings (when we used the MLRS), and took a few more hits over the next ridge. Ugi bled out, MLRS rolled slowly forward with me in (probably) plain wiev for nmys. Too injured to get out, too boring to play alone so I decided "What the heck, let me die and play another mission"  8)

As you can see it was not my greatest moment online, bad leading, TK with backblast, toppling BMP on plain road, and
(05-26-2010, 04:08 PM)Osku link Wrote:We proceeded to the next village and after some fighting... well, we died with honor:

[Image: bmpvillage.th.jpg]
Here I actually drag Zandhaas out of the destroyed AAV to give him first aid but what happend? I drove over him with the BMP Ambbulance in my effort to heal him....

@ Angius and RK:
Yes you do, ASAP  8)
Don't want to start a new topic for this so:

I recorded two videos from Saturday's coop session in which we tested Nikiller's mission and played Z's BAF mission on Shapur with Grip's nice briefing in the beginning.

I'm going to send it to Osku to upload on youtube unless anyone of the participants objects (if you do please write me a PM).