Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Mjolnir's New Job.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got back from my 2 day Selection for the Army. After masses of effort, pain and worry, I passed, and will likely begin training in October!  ;D After 2 years of trying to get in, I now finally have my job offer, and that makes me a very happy man indeed.
Well, congratulations, man!  ;D ;D ;D

Good job!
Wow, 2 years... Are you going to be an officer or why is the British Army so picky?

Anyway, I wish you all the best for your new profession. I think we will see you a lot less often then from October onwards.
Well done mate.
Take care MJ, and keep safe.
Good luck learning how to defend yourself from a man who attacks you with a banana.
Congrats! Stay frosty and dont loose your wpn.
Thanks guys. I got a call an hour ago, and I have a confirmed place starting on the 17th October at Catterick. Which was a lot quicker than I was expecting, some people have to wait a year or more from getting their job offer to getting a confirmed place. And there were something like 300 people with offers for the Kings Division who I jumped ahead of. So it's all good. Big Grin
Nice one! What will you be doing in there?

And good luck!  ;D

OR to be exact, ur a CIA member, it's pure skill no luck!!  8)
(05-28-2010, 04:26 PM)Bubba link Wrote:Nice one! What will you be doing in there?

And good luck!  ;D

Bubba, keep the i of the CiA in lower case please. Smile
(05-28-2010, 04:26 PM)Bubba link Wrote:Nice one! What will you be doing in there?

And good luck!  ;D

It'll be a 26 week course to teach me how to be an infantryman. Thats learning how to shoot, maintain myself and kit, infantry tactics, that sort of stuff.
(05-28-2010, 05:49 PM)Mjolnir link Wrote:It'll be a 26 week course to teach me how to be an infantryman. Thats learning how to shoot, maintain myself and kit, infantry tactics, that sort of stuff.

That's where I've been hired as Drill Instructor with underbarrell grenade launcher as speciality  ;D
Quote:That's where I've been hired as Drill Instructor with underbarrell grenade launcher as speciality 

Looked like you can do some damage with a MLRS also  Tongue
Well, I'm terribly sorry. I hadn't even noticed it's lower case Big Grin  ;D So just the basics mjolnir?