Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Patch 1.07 for Arma II Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Zandhaas

Arma II Patch 1.07 has been released:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=100895

Regards,

Sander
Sadly enough, BIS yet again choose to ignore MP community playing on Linux servers by delaying Linux binarys Sad

Personally I won't upgrade game before I have server binarys up to 107, or, even better, wait for OA binarys.

Status for CiA ArmA 2 server will stay at 1.05 for now.

Remember you will probably NOT be able to play on a 1.05 server with 1.07 version of game

That will be changed ASAP

Zandhaas

For me the patch improved performance significantly, as now the quad core is used. For MP I can host a game with 1.07 as an alternative.

Regards,

Sander
Anyone got a first impression of 1.07?
Both cons and pros will be highly regarded Smile

Zandhaas

Pro:
- Improved performance due to use of all processors in a quad core
- AI slightly less irritating in danger mode: they still cry out their usual stock lines, but less frequently
- The pilot view of the MH-60 now has the seats properly represented
- LOD changes in terrain less apparent than before, in part related to improved performance
- AT weaponry is better handled by AI

Con:
- The disappearing head for units with balaclava is still there
- Attach points for some objects changed

Regards,

Sander
Sounds good, but I wait till the server is updated too.

(06-25-2010, 09:20 PM)Zandhaas link Wrote:improved performance significantly, as now the quad core is used

Didn't Arma2 use your four cores in the earlier versions?  :o they've been supported... not sure how effectively, though.
I have been playing only for few hours with 1.07 so far. Arma 2 for me now runs on higher settings with same fps level that I had before on lower settings. Less LOD issues.

I didn't check that, but annoying "go, I'm covering!" bug is supposed to be fixed with this patch.
Quote:[65656] "Cover me", "Covering" was often told repeateadly after busy radio channel periods.

Most fixes were already introduced in betas.

baku

Hey, I came to know about the Patch 1.07 for Arma II now only. I know it is too late. But I had been very busy so couldn’t come here. I think most of you have tested it and I should go for this. I am looking forward to test it myself.Â