Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Installing, will post when ready....   Big Grin
Hopefully? a mod/addon candidate.

<--- Post #1100, NO envious reply thanks, send a bottle of Cognac instead Tongue

Been there, done that...

[Image: Takistan.jpg]

Welcome to takistan OL. Take care so you dont get lost.
Cool islands, the main issue now is that I'm not able to play on our server. I DLd game from Sprocet and when I installed it automatically updated AA2 to 1.07 Sad

The rest have potential I would say ...
About addons and mods. I guess you haven't yet used the FDF for ARMA2 on the CiA server?
Nope, the FDF team haven't made a mod (yet), don't know if they are working on it but the FDF version won't work.
They are working on it. While waiting for the newer one, make sure you have played through the Arma1 FDFmod campaign, it's cool. Smile

Back to Arrowhead - I was wondering does it act as mod on the server side, or have its own server files? Might be nice to have it on the CiA server sometime?
Move to OA quicker please.

Lots of tasty "new" features there (HALO, IRs, rangefinders etc)
Not checked yet Osku (no spare time ftm) but I think it is dedicated server files, not sure if it works with Zeus AI yet or if they have made own for OA.
One cool feature in OA is you can load mods from GUI, no need for shortcut anymore Smile
And just one more thing... Will Arrowhead be used in coops as soon as more people have a copy?

Just asking because my budget will not be able to handle ARMA2 and OA (both) any time soon Big Grin
There is ArmA2 Combined Operations release which costs just 10 bucks more than OA, but contains both games. Besides new things from OA affect AA2 content a bit as well. Having both games also provides for much more content as USMC and US army f.e. use different weaponry and you can have Russia in Takistan etc.

BTW in new beta they added a new recoil system where you need to re-aim from time to time because the gun doesn't zero to where it was after firing anymore - sweet, also affects AI. Provides for longer firefights.

Zandhaas

The game finally arrived. The first impressions are quite favourable and I already finished a first coop mission for Arrowhead.

Regards,

Sander