Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Twan

Hello everybody.

I had an account here by the name of Anatolii or something like that, but I forgot the password and e-mail adress that I used to register with, so I decided to just make a new one.

I haven't been on the server for a long time because I found it hopeless to play with dial up, but I just upgraded.

Anyway, hello   Wink

tommierfuhrman

hi to all i am new here

shanevlewis

hi guys
To all you who would like to play with CiA. I suggest you make a new thread and tell about yourself in there because I believe that you will not be taken seriously if you just post "Hi I'm new here".

And I'm not an admin but I believe that this is the appropriate way to introduce yourself if you wish to play here.
(So dont ask for the server password from me!)

This all is said in "server access" thread.
nice put.

In Fact i belive, that the two last posts are from bots, though im nor sure (thats why i didnt delete them yet).

Anyways, if im wrong, what bubba stated is well said. We will give everyone a welcome aboard, but we will be glad to hear from you who you are and why you post here - may it be just to say hello to the community or because you want access to our server.

If you wanna be part of the CiA community, please check out the left side of the main page for server rules, neede Addons, playing times .

As we had some trolls spoiling our coop fun, we decided to put a password to our server access. If you want to join, please give one of our members a short message via mail or PM. Most Active members are Overlord, Variable, Zwobot, Anguis, Marto and Fat Tony (did i forget someone?).

Mainly we played Arma2 OA V1.56 on Sunday and tuesdays evenings. Everyone whos interested in serious coop team play is invited to come and join us!

Cheers

Tony
Nice to see a facelift to the old home page. For some reason I'm not able to login in there, only in the fourm section. On the home page I get this message when I try to login:
Quote:joomla_int Session Create: You do not have access to this page! Your usergroup is Public Frontend. As a minimum, you should be a member of USERS.
Also in the forum it seems that I can not create a new topic either.
Hi Zulu, I think it's due to new system and some security issues which is not fully configuered yet.
Yeah, Jäger also talked to me about this same problem. I suppose it happens to all regular users.

jäger

I examined my problem and it seems pretty interesting problem. My password (1) is over one year old. Cause I'm using auto log-on feature I can't be 100% sure for it was that password two weeks ago, but lets assume it was that.

After trying to log on first time at your new home page I was unable to log in (I don't remember what was the error message.) So after a couple unsuccessfully log-ons I tried to change password back to password (1). I tried to do that for that link which you can found on home page.

After that I was unable to log on front page and I got first error message which I can remember:
Quote:joomla_int Session Create: You do not have access to this page! Your usergroup is Public Frontend. As a minimum, you should be a member of USERS.
I was also unable to log on at forum pages with my password (1).

After a couple of days I rediscovered with help of Osku that there was password changing page on some subpage on forums. After changing password to (2) which is different from password (1) because it containing multiple upper-/lowercase letter and number. Now I was unable to to log in forums but unable to log on home page. What was strange that error message on home page was changed to
Quote:Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.
After reading your post I tried to figure whats going on I tried some experiments. At first I tried to change password to (2) from home page and I was still unable to logon and forum page sayed my password is wrong. So after changing password again from forums I was able to log on forums again but now front page error message was changed back to

So at least 1) It seems that changing password from home page change password to forums
                    2) It seems that the format which home page stores passwords is different that forums
                    3) It seems that changing password from forums doesn't change password registered with home page

Jäger
Please be patient with us jäger, we have just moved the whole site to a new host provider and changed HP and mail system. Everything is done by members (mostly Lobanak and Tony) on their own spare free time, free of charge for the rest of us.
What you could try (if you haven't done that yet is to clear all your cache. Depending on your browser, there could be an issue there.

So again, pleasse be patient, everything willl be fixed in time Smile

jäger

Just posting my own observations for bugfixing  Smile
hola,

drop messages if anything is not working as you are thinking of, we will try to keep an eye on it.

I set regular members to be able to post topics. This should prevent you frm getting the error message i assume.

Cheers Tony

jäger

joomla_int message still occures
As an hint jäger, you don't have enough posts to be able to create new topic yet. Reread some agreements.

jäger

the error accrues when trying to log on at home page (for example to post at shoutbox) not for creating topic
Pages: 1 2