Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Poll for Arma2 coops on sundays
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Let us know your favor, so we can set up the right time for switching Sunday Coops to Arma2/OA. We discuss this topic internal aswell (of course) but we want also let the opinion of all interested players come to our mind aswell ;-)!

PS: FDF/WGL will stay on the server in all cases, but official coop times will be tuesday/wednesday.

Thx

Tony
Cant you run both, isent the Arma2/OA in norway and the FDF/BAS/WGL in germany?
Then all you need to do is to sett up a few more channels in TS. Fore the moment i dont think more then one channel is needed fore Arma2(maybe two). And OFP have a smaller player base nowdays to. Then players can move betwen the games if they want to(and have both) And players that cant join a game in the middel of the week still can play on sundays.
You should add one neutral option - "I don't mind" or something like that. I would have chosen that, because for me it doesn't make much difference which weekday coops are. (assuming you plan to stick with the 20:00 CET starting time)
Yes, i think better to play both games in same time, if it's possible of course.
Is it really wise to divide the players like that? Many players play both of the games and It would not be nice to kill the OFP community like that since I believe almost everyone will choose ARMA2 if they have to pick only one! :/
I belive a move to tuesday of the second OFP session whould be a bigger killer. Then you will lose some of them that dont have Arma2 becuse they cant attend sessions in the middel of the week. And since Arma2 is the new cool toy(fore quite a few of us) its a expected move. WGL begun on thusdays(as unoffical coops) and then moved in on sundays. Now the talk probebly i to move WGL out and Arma2 in bay popular demand, and becuse the cia lads want to be abel to play to.
Well, WGL don't offer anything ArmA2 don't have....
FDF still offers something other mods/games is missing
(09-27-2010, 10:22 PM)Overlord link Wrote:Well, WGL don't offer anything ArmA2 don't have....
FDF still offers something other mods/games is missing

WGL and FDF offer plenty to those without ArmA2. They offered plenty when ArmA2 didn't exist; they offered plenty through ArmA's run. Fact is, they'll offer plenty going forward (as they did this last year), even as ArmA2 increases its presence here and eventually dominates (heck, even after I get ahold of a computer that can run the thing) - there's just a lot of good content that's been developed over the years of those mods' existences.
Maybe the CiA (Read: especially ME) needs a bit more time to almost completely switch to Arma? If the sunday is taken away from us, who don't yet have ARMA2, the OFP will die. Then many may leave the CiA scene completely if their enthusiasm disappears while they can't play OFP and getting ARMA2 may take some time!
Just my opinion and don't know if anyone thinks the same... Maybe I should'a chosen the next 6 (2-3) months for that might be the situation for me!

And the last thing. You, who already have ARMA2, can play the game when ever you wan't (not with the CiA but atleast with human players!!) and OFP is pretty much restricted to CiA coop nights.  ???
Don't be offended now boys but fact is you both prove my point  Wink
It's not CiA's commitment to keep OFP alive but the whole community. It's important CiA face Arma2 too. I don't think it's a wise plan to run OFP at "prime-time" and just leave Arma2 for odd times.
(09-28-2010, 07:28 PM)Overlord link Wrote:It's not CiA's commitment to keep OFP alive but the whole community. It's important CiA face Arma2 too. I don't think it's a wise plan to run OFP at "prime-time" and just leave Arma2 for odd times.

I agree with you, and I acknowledged ArmA2 as the future for the group. My point is that ArmA2 won't satisfy the WGL itch - for those without ArmA2.
I guess that I have to keep up with the CiA. -> activating my credit card for online payments today! Big Grin (combined arms from sprocket.) Do I need BAF?? So I guess the change is fine for me but maybe it should still be postponed. Atleast few weeks?

Now I'm just praying that I can run ARMA2 with atleast normal/low settings (Demo worked with Normal/high!)

Don't forget that the sunday nights have been quite dead for some time. There's not much point keeping the "prime-time" reserved, when hardly no-one plays there... Except of course the last few sundays have been populated, but will it last - and how long?

(09-29-2010, 07:00 AM)Bubba link Wrote:Do I need BAF??

It's not required.. just personal taste, whether you like to use low or high quality sounds and textures for British stuff. You do get the Lite version free in 1.54.
Cool Bubba. I'm sure you'll run Arrowhead (OA) smoother then the demo, latest patch is 1.54 which include BAF LE. It's a low-res edition of BAF which make you able to play BAF content. In fact BAF is a rip-off of other mods/addons according to others...

@Anguis:
Don't bee too cozy with WGL, I'm sure Santa will visit you one of those days Smile
(09-29-2010, 10:42 PM)Overlord link Wrote:@Anguis:
Don't bee too cozy with WGL, I'm sure Santa will visit you one of those days Smile

Santa! I hadn't thought of that! Gotta get my letter in with my kids'! Instead of visions of sugar plums, I'll be dreaming of night drops into the woods of Chernarus, "OL Curses" startling me awake, and nervous thoughts of Marto Notes as I drift back to sleep. . . It'll be great and I can't wait!  ;D
Pages: 1 2