Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: The Variable Strikes Back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Iv'e had it. I ordered op. Arrowhead 2 months ago from eBay, however, it appears that the Israeli post office has removed English reading proficiency from their job qualification because the idiots that call themselves mail men have sent the package to a different neighborhood, no one claimed it, so it was returned. Fuckheads.

Anyway, although I really don't like to buy games online (not because I fear my credit card, it's just because I find it weird to buy things you can't touch) I miss you guys and our games so I will just go ahead and get it. That's where you guys come in and help me with what exactly to get, where from and how to install it.

1. As you know, I already have an ArmA 2 copy, so I need Operation Arrowhead, and not combined operations, right?
2. Where should I get it from? Sprocket?
3. What to expect from the download and installation process?
4. Will I be able to burn the content to a DVD and keep it for future installations, let's say after a complete reformat?

Thanks in advance guys, hoping to see you on the online battlefields soon!
Hi Var!

I can only help you with the first one, which would be a: yes (at least, I really hope so as that's what I did Wink)

Anyways, can't wait to kill (read: get killed by) some AIs again along your side!
Thanks man, looking forward to get used to your (and all of the rest's) accent again! Smile
1. As Post said.

2. I have bought OA from Sprocket,everything went smooth. Also, very cheap.

3. Prepare for longer donwload, but it can be paused and resumed anytime. Installation is easy.

4. That's what I did when I reformatted my hard drive. Now I have 2 DVD's with Arma 2 and OA. Only downside of digital download is that you can install it only for three times, after that you need to purchase it again, at least that's what I have heard.
1. Right
2. Definitly Sprocket, only trouble with Steam (and I believe Sprocket is BI, so no greedy thirdparty involved)
3. As Misha say, long download. Sprocket have it's own download engine, probably for errorcheckong among othes, just stard it and let it do its things. Took me some half-night or so at 6Mb connection. And filnally you get your own serial to use which is also stored at Sprocket.
4. OA is almost 7 GB, 16 files (MD5-files are for error-checking) can be burned to DVD (some files is 950 MB).
Quote:setup.exe 986.112.000
setup.exe.md5 768
setup01.bin 995.467.605
setup01.bin.md5 768
setup02.bin 995.397.413
setup02.bin.md5 768
setup03.bin 994.167.781
setup03.bin.md5 768
setup04.bin 996.031.724
setup04.bin.md5 768
setup05.bin 926.946.906
setup05.bin.md5 720
setup06.bin 880.082.881
setup06.bin.md5 672
setup07.bin 670.820.930
setup07.bin.md5512

Hope you'll be satisfied with "virtual shopping", you have some gaming time to catch up  Big Grin
Thanks guys, I'll find the time and get to it. Looking forward to playing with you all!
I'll answer to Misha: There is no installation limit for same Pc. U can install it unlimited times to one pc and five times to different Pcs in six months. then to another five ones in next 6 months!
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...348&page=2

But one question: to install the Combined operations as combined operations, do I need to install the ArmA2 and OA in the same folder??

EDIT: I guess they are combined now, because the OA installer started to update ARMA2 to 1.07 automaticly!!
Hip Hip Hurray!  ;D

Wow, thanx for info Bubba! It's really a relief to know that I don't need to pay again for what I already have.

And regarding your question - yes, Arma 2 and OA should be in the same directory if you want to have CO.
Thanks to all of you guys, the game is purchased and installed. ArmA 2 was automatically patched to 1.07 and everything seems to work fine.
1. The shortcut on my desktop says combined operations. That's what it suppose to be? for MP purrposes should I always use it or is there other ways to use the game now for MP?
2. I want to play the Arrowhead campaign, do you recommend playing it vanilla? Or are there any mods I should install before starting (ACE)?
Quote:1. The shortcut on my desktop says combined operations. That's what it suppose to be? for MP purrposes should I always use it or is there other ways to use the game now for MP?

Yep. Use that shortcut. Or if you have Yoma Addonsync, you can launch combined operations through it as well. It should automatically detect all your ArmA 2 versions/expansions that are installed.

Quote:2. I want to play the Arrowhead campaign, do you recommend playing it vanilla? Or are there any mods I should install before starting (ACE)?

I'm not sure... it might break some missions' design(?) You should try.
If I remember correctly, you can remove ACE/other mods at any point during the campaign, you just need to restart your current mission (autosaves won't work if you change your mod loadout "on-the-fly").