Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Cool 'mini-lesson' from Third Eye Blind's original lead guitarist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hey Anguis, I wanted to ask, you being from Minneapolis, did you by any chance got to see live bands such as Husker Du or Replacements? I know we are talking about '80's stuff (when term indie rock had some meaning), long time ago. Husker Du really meant to me a lot, such a great band, I would put them on top on any my favorites bands list. Let refresh memory:

I know that Babies in Toyland are from Minneapolis too, but that's another story.
Hi, Misha,

I'd love to answer in the affirmative, but, unfortunately, I am unable - I'm not originally from here. My hometown during the 80's was Boston; also, I would've been too young to catch live acts at that time. The only band I was able to catch before they became popular is Weezer, and that was in Dallas, early 90's.

That Husker Du video is cool - good, small scenes from around here, and the song's pretty cool, too! I haven't seen the Replacements video, yet.

Thanks for the intro to the 'new' music (to me, anyways, though I had heard of both bands for years) - I like what I've been able to hear, so far!

Thanx for taking time to see videos and leave feedback, sometimes I just feel everyone must know for such bands, for they weren't so well known in their own time, they are even less now.

I'm really into '80s indie music scene, specially american, and when I'm thinking about cities in USA, first thing that comes to my mind is which bands originated from it and only after that everything else. Even Boston. So I won't mention Mission of Burma, Pixies and such. Nor my hero Jonathan Richman, haha.