Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: stunning map
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tony I tried your mission.

Addons:
It also requires the DAC addon, please update the needed addons list or use the script version and clean the Addons and AddonsAuto sections of the mission.sqm

Overview:
An overview picture and/or text would be good.

Briefing:
Possible typos in the briefing:
citicens -> citizens
Their Equipment -> their equipment

I lack the intent of the mission. Why do I have to secure point Hydra?

Mission:
I found the radio sounds too loud or to be more exact the cracks at the beginning and end of the sounds.
The music in the beginning sets a good atmosphere.

Nice background noise with gunshots and mortars whistling - does that belong to the mission or the island addon?

I moved north on the road east of the tower near the drop zone. First contact were two stationary fighters at the first crossroads, they were harmless. But I was shot down from I don't know where at the next intersection, luckily an AI dude brought me back to life. Unfortunately half of my AI squad was killed shortly later including the medic.
While I was patching up hit squadmates (intact AI buddies refused to do it) I noticed helicopters flying by and being shot at from somewhere else inside the city - nice.

Healing the AI who got shot again seconds later turned into a vicious circle so I reverted to the savegame I made at the dropzone.

I could copy and paste the above paragraph now for the next retries of the mission. I think a savegame radio trigger would make the mission a bit easier.

It seems to be a nice shoot em up mission which can quickly become frustrating (I know it from similar missions I put together in the editor)  Wink
Hola Zwobot,

i mentioned DAC int the dwonload section as neede Addon. I guess you overlooked this? Maybe i should add a line here aswell?

You hve to occupy Point Hydra to enable a build-up for an US Strongpoint at this psoition. I mentioned thsi in the Task section of the briefing. Maybe i add a line in the missions - section aswell.

The sounds inside the mission are all made up on my own, or to be exact i took some samples i found on youtube and altered them in audacity. They are not part of the island. If you want to have them, i can send them to you.

And yeah, you are right, i put this mission together to have some adrenaline kick, so its good to be called a "shoot em up" mission. Enemy is swarming and comes in form all direction, every time changing due to DAC.

Most important point on this mission is to keep up speed. Once you are pinned down, you are dead. Lots of groups will come to your location to nail you ;-). A good chance to keep alive is to make use of the available Artillery. I think i have to make a section in the breifing about it...  i learned it is good to make up a artillery mission on one point while moving sideways to the next point. this will keep the AI busy on tracking you down. Once you are injured, try to switch to antother unit and tell the medic to patch up the injured. If you wait untill you will be healed by the medic, you will be surrounded again by the enemies...

I think this mission would be quite cool to try on MP, but i couldnt implement the DAC without the Addon use. I guess it would be quite big anyways '(something like 8MB i guess?)...

i´ll add some savegames points aswell, might be a good idea.

Thx for feedback!

Tony
I prefer a server without DAC. Looks like it's not "clean" enough for MP (log floods with errors). Maybe there is a "MP-safe" version out there? Or is it just that DAC require GB connection and 8 i7?
There is a scripted version of DAC which does not require an addon. From the DAC documentation it seems as if the addon and script version have to be handled differently by the mission designer.

As long as the mission designer is careful with the size of the zones and the groups spawned inside them there should not be massive lag in a mission using DAC. There are also parameters to reduce groups which are far away from the players.
Pages: 1 2