Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Sandstorm and weather
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So problem this time is: How to create a sandstorm into my mission? The fog and weather are bad and not enough! And I even heard that the weather is not synced so It's unfair because someone might be having a storm and another ones raining Etc.

And by the amount of these questions you might make an assumption that I'm really trying to finish making this mission!
You have to place the "Effects" module in the editor and set the correct weather and date parameters in the intel screen of the mission editor.

See here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Envir..._-_Effects
Hey lad,

you almost got it right, but making the topic "I have a problem" is not how to deal in forums, you know. When you create a topic, one might assume that you have a problem anyways. Mentioning the problem in the topic specifically makes things much more easy for others ;-).

Due to my natural born admin powers, i just changed the topic for you as i think it might be better.

For your storm problem: You might go into the EW campaign and chec there for some nice scripts. They are similar to the ones used in PMC campaign (although not the Storm-thingy, but you might get somewhat close with altering the code maybe?).

It is set in the init.sqf:

Code:
//--- Wind & Dust
[] spawn {
    waituntil {isplayer brown};
    setwind [0.201112,0.204166,true];
    while {true} do {
        _ran = ceil random 5;
        playsound format ["wind_%1",_ran];
        _obj = vehicle player;
        _pos = position _obj;

//--- Dust
            setwind [0.201112*2,0.204166*2,false];
        _velocity = [random 10,random 10,-1];
        _color = [1.0, 0.9, 0.8];
        _alpha = 0.02 + random 0.02;
        _ps = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal _pos; 
        _ps setParticleParams [["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\universal.p3d", 16, 12, 8], "", "Billboard", 1, 3, [0, 0, -6], _velocity, 1, 1.275, 1, 0, [9], [_color + [0], _color + [_alpha], _color + [0]], [1000], 1, 0, "", "", _obj];
        _ps setParticleRandom [3, [30, 30, 0], [0, 0, 0], 1, 0, [0, 0, 0, 0.01], 0, 0];
        _ps setParticleCircle [0.1, [0, 0, 0]];
        _ps setDropInterval 0.01;

sleep (random 1);
        deletevehicle _ps;
        _delay = 10 + random 20;
        sleep _delay;

};
};

Personally i dont really know what this thing is doing in every line, but it creates the random dust clouds and wind noise afaik. Maybe someone script-skilled can make a storm out of this?

Cheers

Tony
Hola,

just to keep it complete: Since PMC we have a sandstorm function.

to be able to use it, place a Module on the Map with "Function" and add to the init.sqf

Code:
[player,-1,0.8,true] call bis_fnc_sandstorm;

See also th BIKI: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_sandstorm

As always when using functions, you should add a line that makes sure, that the function manager has finished initializing. Add therefore the line

Code:
waituntil {!isnil "bis_fnc_init"};

to the top of your init file. You have to add this line only once for a mission.

Cheers

Tony

ED: a further question might be, how to alter the line to make the storm more dense or more weak? Anyone knowsabout=1???