Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Patch v1.57 and V.157 Linux server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Zandhaas

Hi,

A new patch has been released, along with Linux server files.

Download patch V1.57 at Armaholic

Download Linux server files V1.57 at Armaholic

Regards,

Sander
Yepp, downloading and installing.... (will take a while but I got the whole night)
Also on the server...

edit:
Fancy stuff isn't it?
Who remember the infamous "old libs" for OFP linux servers? Well, ArmA2 is obviously old enough to earn itself the same syndrome.

It's not like I hate anyone or anybody or anything but how difficult could it be??? A snowball in Hell (and not the Norwegian one) have better chance to survive than BIS if they intend to run AA2 Linux server with the libs required (assuming they use a computer produced nearly in the same decade as the required libs was developed).

Reminds me of an old saying:
If it works, don't touch it (the proper way to fix things), or the M$ way; if it works, mess it up; costumers will nag more about the new errors we added than the old once we wasn't able to fix........

I'm not suggesting BIS's walking ol' Billys boots or steps but I'm starting to wonder if you pay too much for free ripped addons?

But I don't really care, I'm just stuck with searching for old enough libs; it's all the rest of you who don't have the genius CiA server to fight on I'm worried about (despite I've got a lot of Cognac who need to be emptied before it turns to vinegar).
Please promise me you don't turn to the streets raping and robbing or turn your self to suicide-bombers.

To be continued....
I kind of like drunk Overlord  Wink

Anyway, we all appreciate your efforts on the server! I guess there must be other servers running on linux, can't they be contacted and asked for the required libs?
Good work you are doing OL, but no-one wants you to burnout and develop alcoholism because of the server... take care Smile
oh man, this is for sure the post of the year!

Smile Smile

Zandhaas

Hi,

It pleases me as a historian by origin that in Norway the original Viking instincts have survived the centuries unscathed: our inebriated Norwegian apparently considers rape and pillage as the most likely alternative activities to warfare (albeit simulated warfare).

Regards,

Sander
I promised myself that if I ran into Drunk OL again on the server and TS, I'd get myself a drink. Well, I've got the liquor, but no game. I hope AA2 can supply a Drunk OL well into the future (I have fond memories of impromptu long pauses of silence punctuated by a slurred Norwegian, "Aw FFUUCK!", late at night - my time!).

Viking: Overlord, you there?
Anguis: I think he passed out.
Viking: (laughing)
Overlord: eh, wha- ?
Overlord, I give you my support and I'm willing to send you a bottle of home made slivovitz to help you in your efforts.

Hi, it's me again.
Thanks for all your kind thoughts Smile
Nice to see I'm not totally forgotten Wink

Got AA2 server running now (sadly enough not FDF yet, seg-fault.....). Local testing in progress before going online.

Cheers

baku

Hey Overload, you are doing good work. Everyone over here appreciates you. Hey but why don’t you take care of yourself. Then when will your next post come up. We all are waiting. Never let the alcohol take the toll on you. Please take care buddy. Have a nice time.
(12-30-2010, 01:27 AM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, it's me again.

Got AA2 server running now (sadly enough not FDF yet, seg-fault.....). Local testing in progress before going online.

Cheers

Great news!