Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: DAC - Missions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Nephris

Appreciate the offer, thx.
I`ll be on TS3 then.
Maybe we need to use my dedi to test, as i dont want to upload bugged beta missions to the CIA server.
hi,

I have some stuffs to do so I can only be up for 17:00 GMT+1 (sorry)

Can you send me ts3/server adress via PM please?

cya.

Nikiller.
hi,

Here's the error I get when I JIP.

[Image: mini_638004DACerror.jpg]

cya.

Nikiller.

Nephris

Thx Nkiller, fixed it besides several diferent  issues.

Thx to Osku and Zandhaas aswell, as they "suffered" 2 rounds to fight vs DAC generated units on the map "Taki Flow".
We could discover several smaller bugs or issues to be fixed.
Not to citicise anyone, an especially not you Nephris, but as a general information: same mission could behave different on different servers due to BIS' solution how to use available recources (server side). If a mission runs as intended on one server, it could behave totally different on another server. Keep that in mind when you test missios on other server.

Bottom line is; don't judge mission before it's run on server due to run the final mission.

I hope noone read this the wrong way, but if so, I'm available Wink
(01-15-2011, 12:13 AM)Nephris link Wrote:Thx to Osku and Zandhaas aswell, as they "suffered" 2 rounds to fight vs DAC generated units on the map "Taki Flow".
We could discover several smaller bugs or issues to be fixed.

Was fun to play your DAC mission, Nephris. Especially as I'm myself big fan of all AI enhancements.
It's interesting to notice how DAC makes us to change tactics. Have to keep moving much more than in vanilla; we cannot just lay ourselves on one hill and duck-shoot the helpless enemies running around. Instead, they will keep coming forever with more and more reinforcements... makes the gameplay more intense. I also like the randomness and the replay value it brings.

Nephris

Quote:I hope noone read this the wrong way, but if so, I'm available
To be honest I am not sure what you were trying to say.

I never made any map for just one server, as at least that one we played yesterday ran already on 4 different machines to test.
Fine , if a mission runs different on different servers.
Nevertheless a trigger fires on each server.
Global and local character is on each machine the same, so a script/function
has the same functionality on each server.

In my opinon it is more than important to test a map more than several times to get different bugs in different locations and probably on different servers.
We played in the past weeks one or another map, that had no ending or was bugged.
A typical case either by mission makers, that didnt bother about playing on a dedicated environment or that meant creating a mission makes a mission release ready.
Which is the default situation to a lot stuff from the "BIS User missions" thread.
Starting with a briefing, ending with a finish trigger.
Offering a misison like that, is respectless to its players as they spend their time plaing it.
So my missions always get developed through 10 beta version before i call it RC.
Which is also a reason why the naming standart isnt correct each version.

Quote:Was fun to play your DAC mission
I also enjoyed it a lot to play the map with ya.
Pages: 1 2