Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Wanna Play FDF?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Nice to have a FDF session again, it's a pleasure playing with all of you "OFP-freaks" again Smile
You guys must have finished early, no one was playing when I got home  :'(
Great games last night! But arghh... those AIs, their dumbness is really starting to bug me (just like in vanilla ArmA2). What the hell was wrong with them in the engineer mission? They were just laying on the ground in one place, or retreating after Overlord killed one of their mates with silenced RK95. The best part was when we took our time looting weapons from the enemy corpses, and another patrol was stationary on the road 100 meters away. Eventually they also started running away. I wasn't aware that finnish engineers are so feared among russians...

And Zulu, we played for 3,5 hours, didn't finish early. Smile
Yeah, OL is right about tuning that mission up with a bit more aggressive AI and the respawn removal. Though the mission was fun, one wonders why respawn was included. . .
If you guys have some mission names, if I have them I can fix the AI skill levels either by editing or scripiting. Then we can test them on the server.
(01-13-2011, 08:32 PM)Zulu1 link Wrote:If you guys have some mission names, if I have them I can fix the AI skill levels either by editing or scripiting. Then we can test them on the server.

It was called "Sillanpää asema", co06  FDF Eastborder Winter
I had that mission so I ran through it in the editor. I found some inf already at skill 1.0 and most armour was at a good level. I did find many units at skill .20000 so in a text editor I gave all of those a bump up to .33333 then in the mission editor I randomly put some even a little higher. Here is the file I called v.1a.

************Link Deleted***********************

Could someone put this on the server for a test?
There should be a difference from what it was, but I didn't want to go too crazy. I can always go higher if needed.

I could also put one big trigger zone on the map and set AI skill to any level, but all AI would be the same.
I could also add an AI skill selector and the mission setup screen, and again all AI would be set to the same level.
Give it a try and let me know how it is.
Thanks, man. If you have the time, would you remove the respawn? (and its note on the map?)
Hi Anguis

Ok I disabled respawn, removed respawn map marker and the zodiac.

This is ver.1.1b:

http://www.filefront.com/17792547/co@ 6 ...v.1.1b.zip

uploaded
Thanks OL  Smile

edit: I didn't notice that there was some respawn script used also. I've deleted that and put in the spectating script so you won't get too bored if you die...haha. I also had to add a new "end" trigger if all die. Please remove previous file.

Now v.1.1c:
http://www.filefront.com/17795086/co@ 6 ...rder_w.zip
GG & GJ ppl  Smile

There were really nice missions last time, both of them very climatic Big Grin

I have screen from end of finished mission:

[Image: 48efb8115265372.jpg]

It was cool game full of funny and strange scenes hahaha
from eg, escape of scared enemies after death one of them  Big Grin
2 angry riding bmps going to kill us.... and unecspected nailed by Leopard's arty, just by 2 straight shots from over 1500m?.... donno why OL was thinking that it was me who destroyed them  Big Grin
or moment when main offensive started and tank battle took place and many of them rushed forward... i heard on TS that somone said: "hey is it finnish tank? this tank dosen't look like Leopard..." haha there was global silence on TS and all looked at this tank 100m from us Smile then somone said: It's t80! i already noticed that too and puted 2xRPG 7V in the back or tank... it puted smokes and we killed crwes... UFF! ;D

Oh and sorry from kill this last bmp too fast but it was just  misunderstanding Wink
OL asked me: can u hit that bmp from where u are. I said that i can try. He said OK or do it or smth like that and i just  shot  Smile

ANYWAY MISSION COMPLETE and NOONE DIED!!  ;D

We must try our first (unfinished) mission next time, cause it was hard but nice too Wink
(01-14-2011, 07:32 PM)Zulu1 link Wrote:and put in the spectating script so you won't get too bored if you die...haha.
Wrong expression Zulu, wrong expression. The correct would be so you won't get too bored when you die.. Smile
And yes mikka, it was a strange mission, let's hope the edit will give more fun.
Any fdf gaming today?

Let's Ofp'ing  ;D
I'll try to be there - maybe Viking will show, too.
Pages: 1 2 3