Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: How to disable the “Hi” option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

For mission makers who want to stop players from being able to click on each other and say “Hi” constantly, use this code in your init.sqf to stop core conversations:

Code:
//init.sqf by Nikiller
//for players starting from the lobby
if (!(isNull player)) then
    {
       player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
    };
//for JIP players
if (!isServer && isNull player) then
    {
    waitUntil {!isNull player};

player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
    };
if (true) exitWith {};

cya.

Nikiller
Thanks, I will use that in my upcoming "Breaking Hercules" mission:
http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?top...#msg244526
Is this a nice little snippet we want in all our missions on server? Is it any drawbacks (will it affect other aspects of the game)?
(04-28-2011, 06:33 PM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a nice little snippet we want in all our missions on server? Is it any drawbacks (will it affect other aspects of the game)?
AFAIK This can't be disabled for all missions on the server. It just removes the stupid BIS conversation feature. I hope the guy who though of it got his ass fired. Well, maybe in BIS he got promoted Tongue
(04-28-2011, 08:01 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]AFAIK This can't be disabled for all missions on the server. It just removes the stupid BIS conversation feature. I hope the guy who though of it got his ass fired. Well, maybe in BIS he got promoted Tongue
The script must be added to init.sqf to all missions. Lot of work to redo everything just to get rid of it, but it is an option in new (not made yet) missions.
There's a server-side addon that lets you exec code on all clients (used for repeating server messages etc). You could use that to disable conversations from all missions.

I don't remember what it was called though.
Let's mix the soup even more; the client side addons I've mentioned before are

DisableBasicConversationsForAnyUnit_Gameplay_C_OA_ PROPER.pbo
DisableBasicConversationsForAnyUnit_Gameplay_C_OA_ PROPER.pbo.PROPER_OA.bisign
DisableBasicConversations_Gameplay_C_OA_PROPER.pbo
DisableBasicConversations_Gameplay_C_OA_PROPER.pbo .PROPER_OA.bisign

they can be downloaded here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102678

I suppose they won't work on the server-side ?