Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 2: Anti-tank and Anti-air launcher sights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
LAW, AT4, RPG-18, RPG-7. Any more that I left out?
I think the RPG7 guide on page 1 still applies in 1.63.

RPG-18

[Image: 75DjmIp.png]

Missile explodes in air at around 450m, takes around 4 seconds to reach 400m, so speed looks to be 100m/sec, very slow compared to M136 which takes 1 sec to reach 400m.
(07-09-2014, 02:07 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:Missile explodes in air at around 450m, takes around 4 seconds to reach 400m, so speed looks to be 100m/sec, very slow compared to M136 which takes 1 sec to reach 400m.

It's 115 m/s.
The RPG 18, other than the RGP-7, has only a one stage rocket motor that completely burns up during the time the rocket is in the launch tube. That makes the effective range of the rocket very low (100% hit chance at around 200 meters).

Actually, Arma 2 and Arma 3 have a rather sophisticated model for the missiles. The projectile is generated at the muzzle at the speed given as initSpeed in the ammo.cfg. This simulates the time/acceleration within the launch tube. Once created, after initTime from ammo.cfg, the second stage motor sets in, propelling the missile/rocket at a thrust given in the ammo config for a certain amount of burn time. The projectile accelerates up to the given maximum speed, with air friction taken into account.

RPG-7's, for example, have a two-stage rocket. The first burn accelerates the grenade from the launch tube to 115 m/s muzzle velocity, then after 0.1 seconds, the second stage motor sets in, propelling the rocket with a thrust of 280 for one second, at which time the motor burns our.
The effect is that the RPG-7 drops a bit at the start, then picks up speed as it flies and finally starts to drop again when the motor burned out. Max speed is almost 300 m/s.
Not AT/AA, but I think some rifle scopes are an enigma, too.

KSVK

[Image: vi58kKk.png]

I ranged the triangles since they're a point of reference, all other ranges are in between (700m is half way in between 600m marker and 800m, for example)
Nice work, Outlawz. I wonder what the top chevron is for, I always assumed that would be the one hundred mark
VSS Vintorez

[Image: nVRugWl.png]

I had troubles confirming the 150m/200m ranges exactly, but at least now you can miss more accurately.  ;D
It should be ok for center mass shots.

AK107/74 PSO

[Image: SI8JPIM.png]
I knew there was something weird with these sights. Never knew which chevron to use, the big one or the one below it, now I understand why.
Pages: 1 2 3