Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: AI warping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Nephris

Hi folks,
i already mentioned the AI warping in the other thread.
I guess everyone of us knows about AI warping and what annoying it can become for range combats, especially for snipers.

I played around on my own dedicated after a few hints in the BIS Forum.
So lowering the
Code:
MinErrorToSend = 0.005;
//Minimal error to send updates across network.
or even to 0.003 decreased the warping expierience a lot.

Right now I found a ticket at ArmA2 CIT,where that "bug" got disussed since over a year.
Maybe you are alsointerested to read the stuff...

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/1915

I know we also have those warpings on CIA server, and the even the most tiny option to decrease the warp should be used in my opinion.
I do not know what the setting is atm, but perhabs Overlord could try to lower the "MinErrorToSend" value to  0.005 or even lower at 0.003 and we can list our notes to AI warps here.

Lowering this value increas server bandwith demand, setting it too low will make it worse since more data need to be transfered/ synced. It also affect all missions.

Nephris

What value are u using in the temporary config?
What connection is the server behind, or what bandwith is dedicated to the server?
Code:
MinErrorToSend = 0.002;
I've not played much lately but afak this mostly affects you Nephris, could there be any other explanation for your warping? I've not noticed noticed if your ping is significantly higher than others, maybe you could confirm that? Another possible soulution could be the packet size, I'll look into it.

OL, the warping is not only for Nephris. I remember also Zandhaas talking about it few times. Myself I haven't noticed it much on the new server, but yesterday when me and Z were playing one mission on Chernarus, there was quite horrible warping with the enemy vehicles (ground and air). Distance to the observed targets was 400-500 meters at max.