Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Looking for players for FDFmod's campaign
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OK, I'm ready
Me too!

jäger

We are playing now
Zandhaas are you joining?

jäger

Thanks for the game for tonight. We succeeded to complete missions 0-2. Sot there will be 11 missions to go. Sorry for getting killed so many times. btw is it normal behaviour that I cannot change my role is role assignment screen and I cannot disable AI, if I'm hosting(=non-dedi) the server?
(03-26-2011, 01:32 AM)jäger link Wrote: [ -> ]btw is it normal behaviour that I cannot change my role is role assignment screen and I cannot disable AI, if I'm hosting(=non-dedi) the server?

It's completely normal. You can't disable AI in any hosted campaign. It's possibly forced by the game devs or by mission design; for example the original ArmA2 has 4-5 slots and must have them, because all the characters belong to the storyline and take part in dialogs during the game.

jäger

Updated the 1st post. Can I advertise in server name that instructions for server password is available at ciahome.net?
(03-31-2011, 01:41 PM)jäger link Wrote: [ -> ]Updated the 1st post. Can I advertise in server name that instructions for server password is available at ciahome.net?
Sure, I don't see any problem with that Smile
When are you planning to play?
I'll boot my FDF server tonight, check in if anyone is interested.

jäger

I have updated my game to 1.59. I will stay some time in 1.57 Join up for FDF.
Last night was my first FDF experience, and it was quite fun to play. Only that the high accuracy AI skills were ridiculous. Nothing special in the mod but good quality missions, few weapons and new terrain are always welcome - even though it looks much like Chernarus (and that's my favorite map).

Good games!

How did your attempts go after I left? Did AI skill settings make the mission more doable?
(04-03-2011, 10:26 AM)Osku link Wrote: [ -> ]How did your attempts go after I left? Did AI skill settings make the mission more doable?
Osku, Jager changed the settings (what were the new parameters Jager?) and the mission was exactly at the right difficulty. We went through the rescue very easily and started assaulting the base along with the USMC. We almost made it but a damn BRDM took us all out...

jäger

Old settings were:
Code:
      skillFriendly=0.5;
      skillEnemy=0.75000;
      precisionFriendly=0.0;
      precisionEnemy=0.4;
New settings are:
Code:
      skillFriendly=1.0;
      skillEnemy=0.4;
      precisionFriendly=1.0;
      precisionEnemy=0.2;
Only reason I dislike Chernarus is the grass. Sure it is beautiful and it creates nice atmosphere, but with AI's x-ray vision it is damn too difficult to play with. Podagorsk seems to have nice vegetation.
(04-03-2011, 11:08 AM)jäger link Wrote: [ -> ]Only reason I dislike Chernarus is the grass. Sure it is beautiful and it creates nice atmosphere, but with AI's x-ray vision it is damn too difficult to play with. Podagorsk seems to have nice vegetation.

The Chernarus grass is somewhat beautiful within 50 meters view distance, but then it gets dumbed down too rapidly and looks a bit strange in my opinion. And yes it often gives the AI huge advantage seeing us better than we can see them. I noticed that Podagorsk has much milder grass, which is good.

jäger

Thanks for joining tonight's session. It seems that FDFmod dev-team has made mod, which quality supersedes BIS DLC.
Pages: 1 2 3