Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: [CiA] Arma 2 Server : Required Addons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi Nik.
When did you try DL? We don't host these addons ourself yet, not our problem Smile
The addon makers don't want other hosters than official so we stay with their links for the moment.
I don't think KuiK's pack is updated on regular basis so we would have time updating clients before updating server.

Please, feel fre to join us soon.
hi,

(05-24-2011, 02:49 PM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Nik.
When did you try DL? We don't host these addons ourself yet, not our problem Smile
The addon makers don't want other hosters than official so we stay with their links for the moment.
I don't think KuiK's pack is updated on regular basis so we would have time updating clients before updating server.

Please, feel fre to join us soon.

I tried to dl this morning ~9h00 GMT+1 but I finally gave up and used the six updater for FDF and Thirsk.

Yes there's no update of Kuik's since november 2010 so I guess it wont be updated soon.

Yep I will join you, I have a bit more time to play now.

@OL: I made a new mission (co12_strong_and_strike_1_1.takistan) special CIA version sent to your mail box.

PS: Very nice vids of the coop nights guys Smile

see you soon.

cya.

Nikiller.
Oki, thanks Nik, I'll check it right away.
(05-24-2011, 07:47 PM)Nikiller link Wrote: [ -> ]@OL: I made a new mission (co12_strong_and_strike_1_1.takistan) special CIA version sent to your mail box.
PS: Very nice vids of the coop nights guys Smile

Thanks Nikkiler, come soon!
(05-24-2011, 07:47 PM)Nikiller link Wrote: [ -> ]@OL: I made a new mission (co12_strong_and_strike_1_1.takistan) special CIA version sent to your mail box.

Hi Nikiller and thanks for the mission, we tried it yesterday but it didn't quite seem to be working as it should. There was one friendly humvee and a static gun (igla or something) few meters away from the starting location shooting the parked ATVs and ground near them. Our squad took lots of damage from that. Very weird. Did you set the side for the empty ATVs as enemy perhaps?

btw. we didn't have the top leader slot occupied - could that affect?
hi,

(05-25-2011, 03:10 PM)Osku link Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Nikiller and thanks for the mission, we tried it yesterday but it didn't quite seem to be working as it should. There was one friendly humvee and a static gun (igla or something) few meters away from the starting location shooting the parked ATVs and ground near them. Our squad took lots of damage from that. Very weird. Did you set the side for the empty ATVs as enemy perhaps?

btw. we didn't have the top leader slot occupied - could that affect?

Yes that's very weird that friendly AA gun and hummer fired on empty ATVs  ???. Everything as been edited with vanilla A2OA and this situation never happened before. I will have a look thx a lot for report Smile.

Nope I don't think that don't slot in the leader have any effect but I'm not 100% sure.

You tested it with FDF ON right? If yes I'll test with FDF to see if the bug come from here.

EDIT: I just tested it on CIA server and I was not able to reproduce the bug.

But it is fully possible that the AI fired on the ATVs since I use UPSMON script and with this script enemy AI will sometimes steal empty vehicles to covert long distance faster. If you JIP'ed maybe AIs , who attack the insertion base, tried to steal the ATVs, was killed by the hummer, and then the hummer continued to fire on the ATVs even if its driver was killed it sometimes happen. UPSMON change totally the AI so maybe you can have some strange stuff hapening.

PS: I'll be able to join tonight at ~21h00 GMT+1 to test it deeper, feel free to join to help me know if it come from JIP

cya.

Nikiller.
hi,

Tested new version yesterday with OL and no bug occured anymore. Thanks to report if you get this issue again.

cya.

Nikiller.
A little surprise occoured thou; when the Warlord decided to disapeare into the underworld with the next objective Smile
hi,

(05-28-2011, 03:28 AM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]A little surprise occoured thou; when the Warlord decided to disapeare into the underworld with the next objective Smile

Yea :'( I was really ashamed that we can't complete the objective since the warlord's body was deleted by a script. We were well organized and were able to done the mission.

@OL: I fixed it and sent the new version to your mail box.

Sorry again to all for the inconvenience.

cya.

Nikiller.
Thanx again Nikiller, uploaded to server.
Boy, this thread is neglected. We should add current addons to the first post. I can do that soon.

BTW, as Horus pointed out, we didn't announce on the forum updating CBA on our server, so most people inculding me are still running older versions. I don't know if it creates stability issues when you run CWR but may be a bigger problem for addons that we run on Friday.
Yeah, you are right Misha. This thread should be updated.
If you can do that it will be great! The needed addons page includes the updated addons list.
Updated first post.
I've always wanted to ask why GLT_grass is a REQUIRED addon? I mean, it's basically just a cheat addon that removes the grass (or "moaws the lawn" rather) on cherna and utes, and no mission actually require it to work. I can see how it could be a recommended or an optional addon, but required?

BTW I haven't used it for weeks now, just because I completely forgot about it when I remade all my presets. Tongue
It's required so that we all can see same stuff on our screens. No point if grass is small for someone when it is still big for someone else, especially if they are playing in a same team trying to spot enemies. That, and because default grass is giving AI's unfair advantage, it can see through vegetation when players can not.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5