Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Creating a new mission, need some help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I am creating a new mission, and would really need some help with a "jump-start" in order for me to finally complete it.
I posted all the mission details and the mission itself on OFPEC:
http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?top...#msg244526
I hope to receive some help from CiA members and CiA friends with editing experience as well...
Updated OFPEC post with a new version of the mission.
http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=35609.0
hi,

I gave a quick go to your mission, I mostly had a look to technical stuffs.

Checklist

Basics
SetCaptive on (some or all slots, for testing): No (allowDamage false instead).
DisableAI = 0 in description.ext (for testing): N/A (Disable AI not present in description.ext)
Group Respawn: Yes
Spectate mode: No (it would be nice to add one for MP GDT spectate is the best)

Slot selection
Extra Parameters working: N/A
Mission Name and Description: No (intel is empty in editor, better to add one for proper mission name in MP)

Briefing
Spelling and grammar: Ok (but I'm not very good in english so...)
Links to objectives: All working.

Mission
Intro: Yes
Objectives check off when completed: Yes in SP not sure at all in MP especially for JIP players.
Ends when all players are dead: Yes but it will not work in MP.
Ends if completed: Didn't found any end2 trigger in editor then I say No but I'm maybe wrong.
Outro lose:N/A
Outro win:N/A

Debriefing
Lose text: Yes.
Win text: Yes.

Ready
SetCaptive removed: No
DisabledAI=1: N/A (it should be added in the description.ext).

Last edited by: Nikiller.

I will make a deeper testing later since I don't have the time now and give you some solution SP/MP friendly (objectives, extraction, AIs, ends...). Overall, it seems to be a challenging and nice mission with a great atmosphere (I like the light modification you made) but it still needs some work. Very promising for an alpha version. If you have some time tonight or other days let's meet on TS to talk and test stuff.

cya.

Nikiller.
Quote:Only one briefing issue remains: I want it to include an image but it turns out all white. How can I fix this?

Do you still have this issue?

I noticed the same when adding JPG image in my briefing. It must be because of some save options or compression? When I converted it to PAA (256x256) it worked fine. The quality wasn't the best, but that fitted well as I wanted to have a low quality intel photo.
(05-31-2011, 11:14 AM)Osku link Wrote:[quote author=Variable]Only one briefing issue remains: I want it to include an image but it turns out all white. How can I fix this?

Do you still have this issue?

I noticed the same when adding JPG image in my briefing. It must be because of some save options or compression? When I converted it to PAA (256x256) it worked fine. The quality wasn't the best, but that fitted well as I wanted to have a low quality intel photo.
[/quote]

I use 512x256. That looks best on the briefing screen. It works guaranteed when using for example GIMP2 and make it as TGA format. Then convert that to PAA with TexView2.
Only issue is that when saving it as TGA one has to cross out the "Use RLE packing" option when it proposes it whilst saving. Otherwise it does not work with TexView2.
Nikkile, thanks a lot, I will use your checklist. I still need to sort out the end triggers and also the weapons loadout for the Spetnaz team.
Osku and VanhA, about the briefing picture, I used Osku's advice and converted the JPG to PAA (JPG to TGA using Irfanview and then TGA to PAA using Texview). Now the picture is displayed correctly but I will try to use VanhA's reccommended size - 512x256. I didn't  cross out any "use RLE packing", but it seemed to work fine.
Thanks a lot for your help guys, I have very limited time to spend on editing this mission and your help is very very helpful. Thank you!