Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: WGL PLV Platoon Command Mission template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I figured some of you mission editors might get a kick out of this so give it a go Big Grin

It's a multiplayer mission template where you are given control of lots of squads. Based on confusing scripts from a 4-year old FDF mission of mine, so adding new features is a bit painful.

It will scale to controlling a couple of fire teams to a few squads with some fire support elements. But on company size force the interface starts to get in the way and lack of contact reports makes it too uninvolved. Feel free to use this template for your missions.

If it's too heavy, to remove groups simply delete them from the map. You should also delete the entries from init.sqs-> group's entries in arrays cmd_grpstr and cmd_grpname.

Quick start:
-select top slot in multiplayer lobby
-click left mouse near some squad's marker to select it
-order it at some enemies by alt + left clicking
-use radio (on map screen or menu) to have selected squad disembark their transport
-repeat and observe the chaos from a safe distance Big Grin
Thanks Pulverizer,

We might be able to use it.
Here's an updated version with some multiplayer fixes. It would be interesting to know how it works in real MP environment with so many groups.

Let me know if you need help setting it up for a mission. I guess it can be a bit confusing at first without proper documentation.