Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Hidden Objective/Task
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've started to create my first mission in Arma2. In the past I've made just a couple of them in OFP - so I have already forgotten lot of things and had the memorize them again.

I ran into big problem when my intention was to make a task/objective hidden in the begining, and then make it visible after completing another task.

I tried it this way like in OFP:

init.sqf
Code:
"5" objStatus "HIDDEN";
obj5 setMarkerType "EMPTY";

then the trigger which was supposed make the task visible did these On Activation:
Code:
"5" objstatus "ACTIVE";
obj5 setMarkerType "hd_objective";

setMarkerType -command works fine in Arma2, but not the objStatus HIDDEN/ACTIVE. It doesn't really matter in this mission anymore, since I changed the whole mission idea. I'm just wondering. In BIS wiki it says the command works in OFP/Arma.  ??? What I did wrong?
Briefings and objectives have undergone a major rework in Arma2.
You will have to use createSimpleTask and other task related commands.

There should be a few briefing tutorials for Arma2 in the official forum or at ofpec.com...

You will soon find out that briefing and objective management is much more comfortable in Ofp and Arma than it is in Arma2.

Zandhaas

Hi Osku,

Instead of making a hidden objective you could create it entirely at a certain moment when a condition is filled. Just put everything in the on activation field (or call a script from the on activation field).

Regards,

Sander
What they said. There is no such thing as hidden tasks anymore.
Just the ones that are created "on the fly".

You can also check the Taskmaster by Shuko
I've used it sometimes but lately gone back to basic BI style with some added JIP gimmicks.
hi,

I made a little demo on how to create a task on the fly. JIP compatible.

DEMO LINK

cya.

Nikiller.
Thanks guys, those answers were perfect along with Nik's demo!

And Vanha, as I'm beginner, it's best if I stay away from the taskmaster. I believe I have better chances to learn things if I do things manually and aim to keep myself in touch what's happening 'under the hood'. Same goes for briefing generators in example..
hi,

(06-06-2011, 02:50 PM)Osku link Wrote:Thanks guys, those answers were perfect along with Nik's demo!

And Vanha, as I'm beginner, it's best if I stay away from the taskmaster. I believe I have better chances to learn things if I do things manually and aim to keep myself in touch what's happening 'under the hood'. Same goes for briefing generators in example..

Glad it helps.

I 100% agree with you, that is very important to understand what you are doing and not just copy and paste stuff you have no clue about, in the long run that's better.

cya.

Nikiller.