Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Take On Helicopters community Preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

Freely available to anyone who owns Operation Arrowhead.

More info here: http://takeonthegame.com/download/community-preview/

download link: ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/takeonthegame.com/preview/TKOH_Community_Public_Build_82161.zip

It will probably be ArmA3 fly model  Wink.

Enjoy!

EDIT: TOH is installed as a mod in your main ArmA2 folder, use the shortcut Launch TKOH Community Preview or create a shorcut by yourself (i.e C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\tkoh_preview\takeonhpreview.exe.exe" -mod=tkoh_preview)

Everything you need to know to run the preview is included in the readme.

cya.

Nikiller.
I've been a big fan of choppers in BIS games, never airplanes, so I'm really looking forward to Take On. I tried the preview and have to say it is challenging to fly. Kept crashing a lot.

I liked the realistic feature that you have to slightly press left pedal simultaneously when increasing throttle, but wondering aren't they going to separate Throttle and Collective into two different controls this time.  ??? They've been combined into one control (=Throttle) since OFP.
hi,

Here's a little hint for those who use mouse+keyboard:

Q and Z for (QWERTY keyboards) A and W (for AZERTY keyboards) are mapped to Increase thrust and Decrease thrust respectively. Change these to Q/A = Thrust (analogue) and Z/W = Brake (analogue). That way you have digital control over your throttle; you hold Q/A for maximum collective and Z/W for minimum. Letting go knocks it to 50%. So you have to hold Q/A down OFP style for maximum speed. You get used to it though and start doing it instinctively. You don't have to worry about how much throttle you have at any point and you get instant response.

Another option for key mapping is to map the brake to a new key (like left Windows key), leave Q/A and Z/W as they are (+/- thrust), and map Throttle (analog) to Left Shift. That way A2/OA mapping remains unaffected.

But I suggest to use a joystick to have way better control.

I hope OL will not remind me again that he bought a joystick because one of my ofp mission (wings of hell) and was still not able to fly properly ;D

Hope it helps.

cya.

Nikiller.
(06-29-2011, 09:10 AM)Nikiller link Wrote:I hope OL will not remind me again that he bought a joystick because one of my ofp mission (wings of hell) and was still not able to fly properly ;D
Ah, nice of you to remind me.. Haven't yet billed you for that stick, the mission got even more unplayable for me with it.
On the other hand;
Soldier, stay in your boots; that's why you got them. Leave the fancy, high-tech stuff to the guys with proper training. Wink