Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Hype or real?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Australian company Euclideon claims to revolutionize game industry. Something for AA3?

Industry insiders claims it won't work, here's their showcase video: [url=
Funny thing that I actually saw this yesterday too, and thought about posting about it.

But I just can't believe that that could be played with even a 2.5Ghz x4 processor. And not to mention the GPU it needs. So I don't think that will see commercial use just yet.

And the Terrain they created with it looks just dull. It looks like a polygon made terrain mostly because of the poor textures. So they really need a professional artist to sell that technology forward. Tongue
Please tell me this is a joke... Revolutionary?!

2.5Ghz x4 with average GPU might be well enough for that. There's already lot of games that have amazing graphics and don't require a monster rig to run. If they had invented high drawing distance combined with beautiful graphics and no changing LODs - that would be revolutionary.

The preview picture in the video made me think this engine would suit in future facelift versions of Minecraft  ;D