Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Silent Warriors and CiA joint coop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, see bob's message (sent using the contact form):
Quote:hi im bob from silent warriors i am dropping you a line to ask if your clan would be interested in some cross clan fun.clan v clan or clan cross clan coop missions nights.with our clan and other arma clans.you can contact me on the above email address or via our website...www.silent-warriors.co.uk

This was my reply:
Quote:Hey bob! On behalf of CiA, thanks for the invitation. We have played some joint ops with Kyllikki before and liked it, so I think we would all like the idea of playing with you guys.
As we discuss such things openly on our forums, I welcome you to register and reply on the thread I will open now on this link.
more players is almost always more fun Tongue
Sure, could be fun. As long as I don't have to install heaps of extra addons.
I couldn't attend joint coop with LDDK so I'm eager to try this one.
Im up for it! Would be fun to have 2 separate squads, but working togerher on the same mission. Communication would be a key factor. I think there are some excellent missions allowing that.
With large amount and well behaving players some Attack & Defend type PvP missions might be real challenge and great fun , for example at least couple of squads on both sides. But coop against AI is fine too
PvP will be even more fun indeed, but I dont know if it's considered coop then  Big Grin
(09-25-2011, 06:44 PM)rundll.exe link Wrote:PvP will be even more fun indeed, but I dont know if it's considered coop then  Big Grin

PvP (or more like squad-vs-squad in this case) can be equally cooperative inside the squads or even across multiple squads as with other real coop-coop, if ALL players agree to play it that way; the clans/squads well organized, strict enough rules, no lone-wolfing allowed etc.
I think we would need to get a date set very very early, since we don't have too many regular players.
This way we might be able to get most players to join.

I think my vote is on something like 8v8 PvP mission! (or more players if possible).

Capturing a town or defending something might be nice Tongue
I´d say lets go for a coop in the first row (because there we dont have the problem to have a certain ammount of players online) and if we are enough players we can make an option for a PVP in the second line. As we don´t play this kind of game on our servers we will not have very much of a chance anyways.

If i have time i would attend on both, although personally i am not that eager to fight against "real" persons. People tend to get too serious to win or loose when playing against other clans ;-)...

Maybe a coop is aswell a better chance to get known to each other instead of shooting at each other at the first meeting ;-).

Cheers

Tony
Has anyone been in contact with the silent warriors?
Bah, you old CiAs always sooo eager to try something else than COOP against AI... but in any gamemode, I'm sure this event will be fun and interesting! I'm in btw if you just let me tk Tony once, I'll promise to make it look like an accident  ;D
(09-27-2011, 05:11 PM)Osku link Wrote:Bah, you old CiAs always sooo eager to try something else than COOP against AI... but in any gamemode, I'm sure this event will be fun and interesting! I'm in btw if you just let me tk Tony once, I'll promise to make it look like an accident  ;D
I've always been a supporter of A&D and C&H type games - even with (extensive) AI support to make up for the lack of human players and to have platoon+ sized missions in credible overall headcounts.
Well, TvT against another cla can be interesting. I will email Bob again and ask what would they like.
Are there any updates on this topic, should we take the initiative and contact Silent Warriors?
Pages: 1 2