Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Enable/Disable compass in a mission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Once in a while we run into mission where we have compass in our inventories, but it's not working. This is usually because in description.ext is defined;

Quote:showCompass = 0;

1 = enabled (default)
0 = disabled

That exactly was the cause in last night's Mortar Life mission as well. Dunno if disabling compass was author's intention or was description.ext file just copied from somewhere else without double-checking. So when you run into this trouble next time, you know what to check first.
ah, now i understand what you wanted to explain yesterday :-).

Thx for the Info!

Cheers

Tony
(09-28-2011, 05:08 PM)Osku link Wrote: [ -> ]That exactly was the cause in last night's Mortar Life mission as well. Dunno if disabling compass was author's intention or was description.ext file just copied from somewhere else without double-checking.

Since the auhot was there playing with us, wondering the same, I can say you are right there Smile

Thx for the heads-up tho  Wink

This method is a left-over from OFP I think, since the compass is now an inventory item. This allows the mission maker to remove the compass during the mission, which was not possible in OFP