Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Terrain features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Following our discussions about the names for various terrain features I want to post the following definitions found on globalsecurity.org

Terrain features (globalsecurity.org) Backup link.

I think it would be helpful for leaders to be very familiar with these terms in order to be able to visualise the terrain right from the briefing and to be more precise in the description of intended march route along certain terrain features in the mission itsself.

Likewise, I think non-leading players should be familiar with the terms as well and what they look like in the real (simulated) world of Arma2.

Edit by moderators: Good reference video
Finally! I am going to use "draw" and "Spur" quite a lot Smile
Thanks Zwobot, this is very helpful.
Thx for the info! hope I will remember it when Var shouts: "enemy patrol on that spur, going from left to right to the crest of that valley, lets move to the draw to our left to get some cover from the saddle between us and them!"  :o
AND LET'S MOVE DOWN ON THIS RAVINE!! Big Grin

no offence meant to anyone Tongue

edit: And actually it's not even ravine, if I read that link's info right, it's a spur??
(10-06-2011, 02:06 PM)Bubba link Wrote: [ -> ]AND LET'S MOVE DOWN ON THIS RAVINE!! Big Grin

no offence meant to anyone Tongue

edit: And actually it's not even ravine, if I read that link's info right, it's a spur??

No, Ravine are deep and dominant draws.
Spurs are the bulges that draws move through.
Very useful, thanks Zwobot Smile.

So when we "get on the saddle" doesn't anymore mean we all mount up on one horse?
My mistake sorry, I must have misunderstood the images.
This is good, contents should be added to team leaders guidebook, along with movement patterns like bounding overwatch. If there is one.

(02-21-2015, 05:40 AM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]This is good, contents should be added to team leaders guidebook, along with movement patterns like bounding overwatch. If there is one.
See here:
http://ciahome.net/standard-operating-procedures/