Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Twisted Metal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Damn we almost made it tonight. Only two tanks remained? Seems like the best way to go is to first fill up one of the two-man teams and have that full team take two harriers. The other pilot teams can handle with AIs as Apache gunners if not enough players are available.
Harriers should perform a high altitude GBU drops on laser targets one after the other. Meaning harrier 2 won't go in on the same target, unless 1 had missed.
Apaches will avoid the enemy airbase and try to hit Tunguskas on the northern objective from a large distance (like rundll did nicely).
Upon finishing with the targets at the northern objective Harriers will RTB to rearm, while SF team travels to the enemy airbase. Apaches will cover the ground team's approach.

Is there any confirmed effect on the AA capabilities if the radar is destroyed?
I think key part is to ensure the saftey of the ground team. They are vital in giving information about the status of AA and designating targets ofc.  They should be hidden most of the time, having an all around watch and one laser guy.

For example when the ground team was (allmost) down, the ZU23 surprised the air team and ended the mission pretty soon.

Another vital thing to succeed thisone is that the ground team updates their position every time, since the CAS might be lethal if that info is missing.
Now it seems like an easy mission, thou we failed. But infantry team got detected early and we didn't retreat. We lost our leader when he was detected and were engaged from time to time by some units around us. But it was nevertheless nice spot for designating targets. Should be more stealthy next time. Then after completing objectives we went to the airport but were once again detected by some enemy infantry on the way there and died pretty easily. Since I was the leader at that time I'm to blame for not being careful enough. Somehow I gave priority to our speed instead our safety.

We have heard ZU23 fire close by but since we were retreating it seemed unnecessary to eliminate it. Off course, couple of minutes later we were all wounded begging for help and you were circling close to it...   
Pages: 1 2