Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: co10 The Jackals - No-fly zone Feedback & ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi !

I hope its ok to start this thread here...  Wink

As you may know im working on a new coop mission for 10 players called "The Jackals - No-fly zone".
I plan to do more coop mission in this style in which you play as the "Jackals" a chernarus resistance group fighting against the ChDKZ and Russians.

All missions will be stealth, low-tech, hit-and-run tactic missions during night, dawn or sunrise (because of the atmosphere).
I use a custom heal script (made by Celery with some modifications by me) and a "playernames above head's" script also made by the master Celery.

Also i use my WPDS.sqf script and my Simple_Reinforcements.fsm to get a more realistic behaviour of the enemy force.
You may know that in many missions you just run around, kill a bunch of badguys here and there but it feels somehow odd because you would expect the enemy to hear the shots and explosions or communicate with each other ?
Thats something i tried to get right with my scripts !
You cant just kill a lone patrol without face the possibility that other enemys in the area will start hunting you or call in reinforcements.

Thats part of the whole concept of the mission(s).
You have no chance in a bigger confrontation with the enemy. You have to hide until you are close to your target and then apply some hit-and-run style attack.
Complete the objective and get out before the reinforcements arrive or patrols from other parts of the mission area can move towards you.

The mission is uploaded on the CiA server and is called:
co10_jackals_noflyzone.chernarus.pbo

(this version has a bug that will prevent you from really playing the mission, will get fixed soon !)

I just would get some feeback and bug reports here !
  • Do you think something nor worked ?
  • Anything odd spotted ?
  • Lag during playing ?
  • Any ideas what else cool could be add ?

Thanks for any kind of feedback !
Thanks for this complex mission Wiggum!

As I mentioned to you before, I always loved the low tech missions, where you have limited ammo and irnosights to do the job. I think most of us on CiA like this type of missions that promote the more "mano a mano" type of gameplay.
Too bad I had to go AFK and got to see only the beginning of the mission.
I remember some group link 2 missions on OFP back in the days, where the AI called for reinforcements. The common of these missions were that in most cases, they were too tough and frustrating. So as long as the reinforcements feature adds a lot of realism and immersion, you will have to take care that it won't raise the mission difficulty to too high levels.
I really look forward to have another go at this mission!
(11-11-2011, 06:01 PM)Variable link Wrote:The common of these missions were that in most cases, they were too tough and frustrating. So as long as the reinforcements feature adds a lot of realism and immersion, you will have to take care that it won't raise the mission difficulty to too high levels.

Yes, that could be true.
But i think otherwise its just odd and unrealistic. Most missions are "too easy" if you think about that twice. A bunch of ~10 guys running around and killing 20 badguys here and 15 there...then they arrive at the final objective only a few 100m away and the enemys there just standing around or patroling in SAFE mode...
But clearly you have to be careful and thats why i will reduce the number of enemys if there are less then 10 human players.

If you guys have ideas for more missions of that style (objectives ect.) please tell me and i maybe will build a mission around it.
I already thinking about the next mission were one team will have to set up a IED ambush on the russians while a second team has to steal ammunition from a depot. Then they will have to join there comerades just in time to deal with the arriving reinforcements.