Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Random_Adjust.fsm - a simple way to adjust the enemy force in MP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi !

Actually i created this small .fsm script for personal use but think it may be useful for other people too.
I wanted a simple way to adjust the enemy force depending on the number of players in a MP mission and also add some randomness to the whole thing.
With this script you can just enter some names of enemys and then tell the script how many of them it should randomly delete...or just let the script delete all of them.

Quote:Call with:
handle = [[e1,e2,e3,e4,e5],5,3] execFSM "random_adjust.fsm";

[e1,e2,e3,e4,e5] = a array of units (names of group-leaders if you want to delete a whole group)
5= script will only delete units if there are 5 or less players
3 = number of units that will be randomly choosen from the array and deleted

This time i created a DEMO-mission and a readme.txt so i think there is no need to explain everything here in the forum.
But if you have questions or have spotted a bug then please post it here !

DOWNLOAD Script + DEMO Mission:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-3889...O.zip.html
This is something I have been wondering about. As e.g  a 16 player mission will have enemy according to the amount of playable slots, it's almost senseless to play with 3 or 4 players. Is there a way to automatically reduce the amount of AIs according to players connected? I guess it would be a JIP nightmare, but that's another issue.
same, unable to dld the demo file
:'(
(03-09-2012, 03:10 PM)zeufman link Wrote: [ -> ]same, unable to dld the demo file
:'(
Zeufman, I'll try to get Wiggum to update his post with a working link.