Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: WarFX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finally got around to trying out WarFX (WOW what a difference!)  But I'm slightly confused.  I know some of you use it so I figured I'd ask here.

It seems the "Tracers" and "Particles" part of WarFX are seperate from Blastcore, but they are much older.  Did they roll those into Blastcore when they released it or do I still need to install all three mods?
I got all the blastcore addons in one folder - WarFX
I don't use the tracers, think there was something wrong with them.
So, to clarify: You have manually installed the particles addon in the blastcore folder?
I was using the old blastcore where he had the addons separated in each mod folder, now the latest version has them all in a single mod folder. I've just installed the tracers too.
I see now.  I want to use Tracers but unfortunately the keys don't work for the public server that I play on usually.  Even just having Blastcore and J.S.R.S is making a HUGE difference now.
You should definitely try out PROPER addons by kju. Very usefull modifications, pick the ones you need and the ones you don't just remove. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11204
There look like a lot of nice little fixes in there but I'm attached to a few public servers that I'm sure doesn't allow that mod.  I'd like to keep my mods the same between servers to keep things as much the same as I can too.
My solution to this is quite idiotic, but I currently have 5 different shortcuts to arma2 with different mods running! Big Grin Works fine, but on a small screen like mine the desktop tends to get quite hectic!

One of them is for playing on a public warfare server (wasp team's).
(12-09-2011, 09:56 AM)Bubba link Wrote: [ -> ]My solution to this is quite idiotic, but I currently have 5 different shortcuts to arma2 with different mods running! Big Grin Works fine, but on a small screen like mine the desktop tends to get quite hectic!
You should try Fences. Saved my work laptop's desktop.
Yeah the easy solution is to use different shorcuts for each server or mod or whatever. I also use fences, it's awesome!

[Image: U9A7x.png]
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

Use this, Spirited Machines launcher, it blows all other launchers out the water and is miles better than using loads of shortcuts.