Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma II on the "off" days
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was curious what you guys do when you really want to play some Arma but its not co-op night?  Personally I end up playing Domination (a sin, I know) on the TAW server.  Its not as cool as playing an organized game, but it gets the job done as far as playing around with blowing stuff up.
I mostly play on warfare servers. Yeah that's propably even bigger sin, but I mostly try to get myself a big team of AIs and go for a single hostile town and try to capture it alone. I for some reason don't like to dominations too much. Maybe I should actually try them again.
(12-09-2011, 07:45 PM)Bubba link Wrote: [ -> ]I mostly play on warfare servers. Yeah that's propably even bigger sin, but I mostly try to get myself a big team of AIs and go for a single hostile town and try to capture it alone. I for some reason don't like to dominations too much. Maybe I should actually try them again.

I've actually never tried Warfare.  I'd like to though, I just don't know where to start.
Truth is, I don't play at all. There comes a time when you can play online only when you know:
1. There will be a game at all (with enough players)
2. It is worth it (it suits your own precisely determined preferences)
3. You have enough time

Currently I really suck on number 3.

But during my glory days of server exploration I used to play on Zeus for some large crowd coops, and on Kelly's Heroes for some quick fix or testing, because almost anytime somebody was playing there. On some other servers too. Domination was sometimes fun, I didn't like warfare (all the way back from OFP), and have never even tried DM in Arma 2.
I hear that Misha.  Now that I have a child, I can see that my "free time" is going to be less and less as time goes on.  Which is probably why I'm doing everything I can to squeeze every second of game time out now while I still can.  ;D
CiA server is currently open 24/7, and if you don't have any better place to waste you free time, an advice would be to join the server and check out the missions. Usually someone else join too, when they see activity on server.