Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Game crashes since installing Nvidia drivers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To anyone who can help me with this issue,

I'm having a slightly odd experience - the game has began crashing for me, at seemingly random times, since I installed the 285.62 drivers for my Nvidia GeForce GT 420M graphics card. I began to notice it today for the first time during the coop night (first time I've played ArmA for an extended period of time since I installed the driver). The crashes seems to occur when I'm in a vehicle.

I could roll back the driver but I'm loath to do so because installing the drivers were what finally got Battlefield 3 working for me online. Anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing the problem, and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

~ David
Yeah, nvidia has messed something with their newest drivers. Just take a look on nvidia forums, many complaints there. I too have issues with driver suddenly restarting for no apparent reason while browsing with Firefox, but that's a different thing. Sorry, can't help you further than this, but it's most likely a driver fault.
Windows 7?

I had some issues while I was using W7, but check with nVidia forums as Misha says before doing anything else. There are some possibilitys to delete old drivers in W7, but you probably don't want to. What about different profiles for several games?