Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Quick mission pack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi comrades

I want to offer you a quick mission pack for the BWMod. It's still rough around the edges since I hastily finalised the minimal steps to bring it to a somewhat appropriate state to be able to release it as a preview version. I cannot commit much more time to in in the next few weeks, so I decided to offer the missions to you now.

Type: SP Mission
Side: West
Version: 1.0
Language: English, German
Voice acting: sometimes
Addons: BWMod | no addon version available
Description: mostly infantry action as part of an AI-led squad or squadleader in the bigger context of platoon sized actions.

The missions are loosely connected to each other with the hypothetical background story of a company from a German PzGrenBtl (mechanised infantry battalion) being sent to Chernarus. What begins as a peacekeeping/reconstruction mission with small skirmishes with insurgents soon evolves into a high intensity conflict.

The missions are fairly short (hence the name 'quick mission pack') and most missions don't have any intros or outros, so the background info above is pretty much all you get to immerse yourself into the background story...

The missions do not rely solely on conventional victory conditions. Points are gained for inflicting casualties to your enemy and lost for suffering friendly casualties. Likewise points might be scored for achieving terrain objectives. Futhermore those missions always have a timelimit but the missions will not end automatically. At the end of the mission you will get an after action report which shows you your points. After this you can still continue playing the mission but the outcome of the mission will not be affected by this anymore.

Plese note: Editing and testing of those missions was mainly done at patchlevel 1.59 due to that I cannot rule out any unexpected behaviour during the missions or the calculations of the mission results at this time (in addition to any bugs that might be present anyway because of the hasty finalisation work mentioned before).

Furthermore I had to do a few compromises for the addon-free (light) versions of the missions in terms of unit selection, so I recommend to play it with the BWMod.

Download:
Quick mission pack version 1-0
Quick mission pack light version 1-0
Reserverd for future use.
Thanks Zwobot! Gonna definitely play it. It will take some time until I will have time for some SP though...