Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Help with building a website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, folks,
I've been asked by my father-in-law to look into setting up a website for his small business (mostly a place to post announcements). He owns a domain name (and a few more, I think). That's about where we're starting. I'm not sure about where to go from there, other than probably looking for a server hosting company. I don't know what to do once that's set up.
If any of you all would point me in the right direction for steps to take, I'd appreciate it. This is a process I'd like to learn.
Thanks for any help!

Anguis
Hey Anguis, my wife's got a significant experience in site building and she recommends the following:
In a nutshell, at first you will need to find a place to store the content of the website, once stored, you will need a manage the website content.
For storage - Dreamhost. They are affordable and reliable. For content management system use "get simple", as the name suggest, it's a simple system, yet effective.
Hope this helps.
Thanks, man - and tell your wife "Thanks!" for me, too! I'm checking them both out.

Anguis