Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: missing actions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Edit: The cause was proper mod, but the important part comes here, since I suppose many of you use it; the PROPER mod BIKI page said that it's not recommended to use the mod in multiplayer unless EVERY client has the mod running.

Yesterday when we were playing I didn't get an option to get out of a car. I was able to to play by signing a key for "get out". This was the first time I've played ARMA with 64 bit windows and this was a fresh reinstall of the game and addons.
I believe it has something to do with the addons used in the missions (I'm pointing at CBA and ProperAddons). This is what my shortcut looked like on sunday:

"D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma II CO\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA;FDFmod;@GTDGrass;@JSRS1.4;@MK4Hud;@Proper;@Thirsk;@WinterCamo;

And sorry Variable, it was Anguis who looked at my addons from a server log or something?! (could have been the ofp times!). And yeah, this happened in every mission We played.
Hey bubba, do you have a link?
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/PROPER:Mod

You mean this?

"installation" chapter 5.
(03-05-2012, 10:05 PM)Bubba link Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/PROPER:Mod

You mean this?

"installation" chapter 5.
Thank you for pointing the MP compatibility issue out. The PROPER addons line has been removed from the recommended addons, and replaced with TrueMods. Note that only the ones from the group “TrueUser” are allowed. The ones from “TrueGameplay” are considered usafe for MP.
Though the problem still existed when I tried to get out from a car in editor (with propermods), I hope the truemods work better for me.

Slightly off topic but in true mods it says this:
"[size=78%](+) More emphasis on maneuvering/flanking/advancing for a closer shot (Think WGL in the OFP days, but with a quick zoom)"[/size]

[/size]So this mod effects Ai behaviour too?[size=78%]

[/size]But I don't see why anyone would use this, unless it's used by everyone, since it makes spotting and aiming harder?[size=78%]