Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Iron Front Liberation 1944
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(12-12-2012, 02:58 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]I see that its on sale 66% off on steam, what are your guys impressions? Or if I want some WW2 goodies just stick to ARMA 2 WW2 mods like Hell on the Pacific and I44?

Well both Iron Front and I44 lack good missions, so at the moment I would prefer Iron Front because it has the better tank shell penetration system, and the overall quality of the content is better, but there is considerably less content than I44 (haven't looked at Hell in the Pacific).

For the price it is at right now (10 Euros in Germany) I would give it a try. It certainly is worth it.
Ahh, I missed it (I wish I have my own credit card Sad )

Well, I probably didn't miss too much anyways I assume, there's still I44.
I hope they offer it on Sprocket for 10 eur, as it was on Steam sale. For that money it's worth a try.
I have it obviously Smile And I agree, you should get it. The Steam Christmas sale is about to start, it's probably going to be cheap these days, and when it comes to WWII this is by far better than I44. It doesn't have that much content yet, but what is there is really high quality stuff, the islands are among the best I have ever seen, and the tank battles are next to nothing because of their accurate penetration model. And in the last patch, they added the Tiger (finally), plus there is now a much better vehicle destruction model than in ARMA, with hatches blowing open when the shell penetrated, armour plates falling off etc...

All in all, if you are even moderately into WWII scenario and ARMA type games, you should get it. It's definitely worth it.

EDIT: Video about the tank simulation. It's in Russian, but can be captioned.
In terms of tank battles, Iron Front downright beats Arma because they implemented a system beyond the hitpoints damage. They consider armor angle and penetration capabilities and all that. It's really good.

With the steam sale coming,I'd say look out for the game and get it. It's only flaw right now is a lack of missions, but I think the recent activity (two patches in a short time, and a DLC) has spurred a bit of activity in that field.

I recently participated in their mission making contest and whipped up a weekend's worth of a coop mission. Pretty simple, and I didn't win, but they wanted to include it into the next patch so I even got the DLC for free  ;D
FWIW, Iron Front is currently 50% off on Steam for the Holiday sale. Might go down even further. DLC is still at 10 Euros though.
Hmm, it's tempting but even at £10 I'm not sure it's worth it for me. It seems the main benefit is it's tank modelling and there doesn't seem much online community for it currently and what there is doesn't seem to be focused on tank battles.

For me personally, I think my £10 would be better spent on the BAF and PMC expansions in the Steam sale. I'm not sure I'll play the campaigns as I find the Arma2 engine gives rather poor performance for SP (I have AMD, apparently it's better on Intel) but I guess I'll see the higher quality models in MP games.

15 eur? But now is christmas sale and there are many other titles tempting me to buy them. And 10 eur was so well rounded price.
$15 for Iron Front here... but I'm tempted to buy Borderlands 2 (if I got 3 other buds pitching in $22.50 for 4 pack hehehe). I rather grab Czech Republic DLC to finish up my collection of ARMA 2 DLCs. I don't like my $$$ dropping too much. I usually prefer not spending over $30. So I want BL2, Trine 2 DLC, Czech Republic DLC, and then there's iron front, would go over my willingness to pay.

Just for the vehicle handling alone, I don't know if I'm willing to throw out $15 for iron front as there's still I44 for ARMA 2 to me and Hell in the Pacific was recently release which I haven't tried yet.
I am not a big fan of I44. Granted, they do have much more content than Iron Front when it comes to vehicles and units, but the Iron Front stuff looks ten times better (not kidding). And there are no giant rock penises on IF's islands Wink

The only good island in I44 IMO is McNool's one, the others look so-so. Iron Front clearly is better in that respect.

Both I44 and Iron Front lack missions, though.

In the end, it really boils down to whether you like a WWII scenario or not, and are willing to spend extra for it. Personally I don't regret getting IF, and I'll prefer that over I44, but then I am a fan of tank battles and that is simply a world apart in IF vs. I44.
Gonna buy it, but I hope we will get together to play it online.
Only got $12.02 in my steam wallet  :'( . If only they had a $30 steam gift card I'd trade my $30 best buy card for that but it was only $20, $50, $100 so I bought the $20.
I like the game, though it can be much much better. It is silly how buggy is German campaign even more than six months after release. It is unplayable in this state. But what keeps me playing it is that there's is a really good campaign and story beneath this rain of bugs. I have yet to try multiplayer but I'm afraid that AI that is either sheepish or superhuman will ruin it for me.

On the positive note:
1. Artillery is fun
2. Tanks are very well done
3. Some nice animations of soldiers
4. Good WW2 feel
(12-19-2012, 06:51 PM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]In terms of tank battles, Iron Front downright beats Arma because they implemented a system beyond the hitpoints damage. They consider armor angle and penetration capabilities and all that. It's really good.

Looks like I44 just implemented this on their 2.64 patch. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...ost2277093
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6