Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: i5-3570K bliss
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got me a i5-3570K today. I'm amazed by it's performance!

It's now so smooth too play it feels like I need to adjust. Even in Chernogorsk I don't see textures loading in the beginning of the mission. And switching from mission on Chernarus to mission in Zagrabad takes only about 10 seconds, and that's without SSD! OK, my hard drive now works in SATA 3 mode because now I have a better motherboard, so maybe that helped a bit.

I had i5-750 before and was looking for relatively minor improvement, I didn't expect this!

I found good Arma 2 benchmark, you can see where it stands (they tested it with gtx590 though):
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2012/04...k-review/7

I guess 3770k is even more awesome.

Excellent Misha!I hope you will have fun with it.
I was surprised to see that i5 do better benchmark than i7! How can that be?
I think it's only because they reached higher overclock values with it. Basically it's a same chip, but i7's have hyperthreading enabled (which doesn't help in games) and beats i5 in most other tests.
This looks like a decent CPU to upgrade to. Thanks for the tip Misha  Wink
I got myself this CPU for the new built I've been working on Big Grin
Still need to fix up some issues with the computer though.
I did a little stress test with the i5 3570k today. At idle I'm loading 40-50 C. Stressing it with Prime95, I got around 60-70 C at first, (not 70 yet but almost there), then it cool down a bit to around 55-65 C. I got the Hyper 212 EVO installed on it already, but I haven't fill up my entire HAF 912 case with fans yet (still awaiting the shipment to arrive).
I got the same CPU on my work desktop.. it's a beast! Works flawlessly.

You gonna need some good filters for that HAF case, if you don't have any yet then I would suggest:

http://www.demcifilter.com/

I bought all the filters for my HAF932 from there. Good material, easy to wash.
Jeez, I forgot to see what my temps are, and it's damn hot these days outside. Good thing I'm not intending to overclock it soon.