Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Thursday Night Special
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Misha, you might have OAC as part of CAA1. If not, get it separately and put it under the same mod folder.

No, this is what confuses me. When I unpack CAA1 I have this bunch of folders:

[Image: 774810200279087.jpg]

Each of these folders have it's own addons folder. Do I have to manually extract each of them to the same folder or shall I just put them in Arma 2 directory as they are when you unpack them? 
It's a different installation than the one I had. I got mine from Armaholic and it had only one addons folder, including the OAC.
Therefore, I suppose you need to put all pbo's from all folders in one addons folder.
I'll try that. Hope it works.
Added Zernovo (54mb) by Jakerod and installed Sander's new Zernovo mission pack.
There's a display mess on the first post, but I can't be arsed to fixed that now. All links are working though.
Hi,

What about joining as a group to play in PR mod (project reality)??
Could be interesting to play together against others.
and lots of fun too Smile

Cheers...
Adversarial game modes were never my thing actually, but I am up for it if more will want that. What do you guys think?
I was always a coop kinda guy, not adversial mode.
(08-15-2012, 06:14 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]I was always a coop kinda guy, not adversial mode.
Basically it's still a coop,
only that it will be us, coop-ing against humans and not bots... Wink
They have a name for that - TvT Wink
Any word yet on playing with ACE on Friday?
The ACE server is set up.
However, I think it's a too short notice before Friday to set it as a requirement for tomorrow's session...
If you guys are looking to play some ACE in the Friday Night Specials then you may want to look at some of these addons by Dslyexci ....

ACE Interact - Allows better interaction between players - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...CE2-req-d)

Little Bird Enhancement - Allows more flexibility when transporting fireteams in a Little Bird - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...hacktac%5D

Map Brightness Module - Stops you from being blinded by your map in night missions!  http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...hacktac%5D

Movement Addon - does a couple of things but mainly it helps with collision detecting on static objects (doorways especially).  Good for CQB.  It's quite old this one, but I think it is still relevant. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...hacktac%5D

Not all are ACE specific, but they are worth a look I think.

It's been a while since I played ACE online, but I remember it being a lot of fun.  It takes some getting used to though and might take a few sessions before everyone is comfortable with the changes.  The wounding system is especially brutal, but adds an extra incentive to keep your head down!
Sorry to spam the thread.  But if you're going to play ACE, you'll need to make sure you have your keyboard set up properly. 

The most important thing and which often confuses people is the Interaction and Self Interaction keys.  By default they are setup to use the left-windows and right-windows keys on the keyboard.  Not everyone has the right-windows key on their keyboard (especially older keyboards), so it is important to make sure you re-map it.  You can do it from the ACE Menu in game (just press escape in-mission or from the main menu).  Without both of these functions you can't really play ACE!!

A couple of other useful keys;

SHIFT-3 allows you to choose various methods of grenade throw.  Underarm roll, Overarm throw and post.  Have a play with these.

SHIFT-SPACE - allows you to rest a weapon either on the ground when prone (not all weapons can do this).  You can also rest a weapon on scenery (rocks and stuff) and also against the corner of a building.

PgUp and PgDown control the brightness of NVGs.

There are tons of map tools too - check the ACE Documentation for how to use these.

There are loads more - it's worthwhile having a play in Single Player!

I apologise if you are all ACE veterans and already know all of this!
I don't like ACE, so much that I stopped playing on certain servers when they switched to using ACE. But most likely I won't be playing on Fridays anyway (but will download all required addons as usual just to frustrate myself - sorry for this rant).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11