Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Torn Between 670 GTX or Radeon 7850
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm torn between picking one of the two video cards. I don't know whether I should save some cash and pick the graphics card thats more bang for the budget (Radeon 7850 $250) or go for the 670 GTX for $400. If I go for the 670 GTX, I would spend around $1012 total and if I go for the Radeon 7850 I would spend $842.02 total. I might consider getting myself a new monitor as well and add some more to the budget plus some new fans.
Go with nVidia if you care about picture color and detail if not then stick with amd. I had amd before nvidia and now I'm not planning to switch back to amd. Mine is GTX570
I just placed an order on the Gigabyte 670 GTX Windforce and some more fans Big Grin . Hoping to record some higher quality videos with fraps later on Big Grin . I still need to get a slightly bigger monitor aiming for around 23-24 inches.
Buy Dell U2412M IPS/LED 16:10 is back in life  Tongue
Oi, thats out of my budget. I'm aiming for around $100-$130 for I spent most of my cash on other hardware for the computer (mainly that $400 on the video card).

Good thing you bought GTX 670, it's more future proof than 7850. But if you play Arma 2 only, then AMD is the card you want to have since for some reason they perform better than Nvidia models. Not 7850 but something from same class as GTX 670. See this benchmark: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2012/06...n-review/3