Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: OFP FDF coop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Do you have any coop nights with good ol' OFP with FDF mod? I used to play with you guys a couple of years back and remember having some good times.  Smile

I've tried playing Arma2 but the feeling of the game is somehow completely off for me. I can't quite put a finger on what's wrong, but the game just feels weird and clumsy compared to OFP. Also the AI seems to be way dumber. :-\

I hope BIS will make Arma3 better, more like OFP!
Hey Hicks! How are you?
Unfortunately we don't play OFP anymore. One of our members, Anguis is running an OFP WGL server. You can check the details here.
I can only encourage you to give Arma 2 another try. It felt clumsy and heavy like for me too at the start, but now, with a couple of mods it feels like good ol' OFP, just a bit more realistic. We actually play CWR2 which bring OFP content back to life. A lot of nostalgia there! Smile
Take a look on our recommended addons on this page and I'm sure that if you'll get them all it will feel ok for you.
P.S - make sure you don't stress your GFX card too much. Arma 2 can be very demanding and that can ruin the gameplay.
Hi Variable! I'm good, studying and working, keeping myself very busy. Lately I've gotten more back into gaming and I've played some OFP coop with a friend.  It's good to see that CiA is still going strong! Smile

I guess I could give Arma 2 another try with the mods, that CWR2 mod looks promising. The one aspect I didn't like off the bat with Arma 2 was that it feels too realistic for my taste. The game is in the genre of military simulators so I guess I can't blame it, but the few hours that I played, it just wasn't as fun as OFP was.

Anyway, I'll give it another shot and if you allow, I'd gladly join you for a coop game or two. If you could PM me the password, that'd be great. Smile

Hi, guys!
Hicks, give Arma2 a try with CiA - if you liked the gameplay w/ CiA before, I've got a feeling that you'll like it, now. I wish I could play more often.
Anguis  Â