Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CiA DayZ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you guys think about doing a DayZ event on one of coop nights? Looks like some of us play it on ourselves and It could be fun to play together! We can set a future event date and post about it in the public forums. 
I tried it once, and while I didnt meet any  humans (on a 40 men server :o ) It was quite fun for as long as it lasted.  Didn't have more time to put in this.
So yes, I think we should try this while DayZ is still hot (I predict it's gone just as fast as it came...). However, I don't allow myself too much gaming apart from the sundays evenings...

So whats the ROE when we see random humans? Drop your gun threat? Fire if they approach us? Or ignore unless they're threats and take any actions necessary Tongue but sounds like fun, I might have a bit half health to start because my friend was playing and lost some health but I got a winchester on me Big Grin
I don't know about ROE now, we can decide about it together. I'm not very familiar with DayZ, what would be the best approach?
When I first started off with DayZ with some friends. Our original ROE was that we try to meet together first. My friend brought in one random guy along just to have him shoot us all in the back and insta-killed everyone. Well, that manuever pissed me off. After that we want no more randoms following us so we just point guns at everyone crossing us and tell them to steer clear, don't follow, or else we shoot. That seems to work. Some guys did trail us and attacked but we killed them off. I haven't played DayZ for a while after that but I showed my friend DayZ when he came over to my house because he just wanted ARMA for it at that moment. Well, the moment I log on and he move around for a while, some guy logged on and instantly tried to kill me right away. Good thing many of his AK shots missed but he logged out after I took over for my friend to try to shoot the guy. Got him once with the winchester and he logged off. Well, I haven't had much people to play DayZ with its been a while but I currently got myself a map, GPS, and winchester. Hopefully I'll be able to regroup to you guys without dying.

Maverick also managed to figure out how to set up a private DayZ server on a local machine, but are we going to go private or public?

Well, seems like from what I've been seeing from youtube and the community lately, most of the people might not hesitate to shoot at people including unarmed people, but it's been a while so I can't be sure.

The time that I've met random humans were never pleasant. Except when they steer clear, but those guys only had small arms or are unarmed. Guys with rifles usually come in with guns blazing.