Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: fkco_co80_poctalon - fully dynamic and customizable CSAR/TRAP mission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey CIA!

After a two days scripting binge and one too many headache caused by Arma's locality fun I've completed my first fully dynamic mission. I made it with a variety of play styles in mind and it should work well with any player count.

Here's my Overview from the ARPS forum:
Quote:Somewhere in Chernarus a Mi-8 carrying valuable intel has been shot down by Guerillas. A russian platoon is mobilized to locate and secure the crash site. Once the data has been downloaded and picked up they have to exfil again. During the entire process Guerillas will assault the crash site on foot and in light vehicles.

While the mission's intended to be played with a focus on the regular Squads and 30+ players it also supports lower playercounts and different playstyles thanks to the optional stuff (see below)

Features:
- fully dynamic (Wreck location, enemy spawn)
- supports player count from <10 to 60+
- all the amenities of F2
- different levels of difficulty
- optional stuff:
  • Spetsnatz Fireteams with the ability to halo jump
  • A grounded MVP Fireteam without maps or GPS (think Jolly Green); however the grounded pilot can broadcast the estimated location to the rest of the troops
  • hilarious KA-137 UAV
- hours and hours of family friendly entertainment
- easily ported to other maps, matter of merging and editing units

Used Scripts
F2
Shuko's (LDDK) *fantastic* random position finder
Head's wave script (modified)

ToDo:
- Adversarial Version (fairly trivial)
- Stresstests and maybe balancing.
- Maybe restrict the download to certain units
- Maybe ACRE version
- Maybe include "ambient" (i.e. not headed for the Wreck) EI in 1-3k around the Wreck.

I think I've managed to track down any gamebreaking bugs so all that I need is feedback on difficulty and balancing.

Depending on amount of players I'd suggest ditching the regular army units and going straight for a Spetsnatz HALO Jump + Hind Exctraction or using the grounded team or a mixture thereof.

I hope you enjoy it and I'm looking forward to your feedback.
-Wolfenswan
Thanks a lot Wolfenswan! Does the mission incorporate any sort of respawnvive?
Nope, it uses kegetys' spectator script you might know from other folk/F2 missions.

It's JIP-compatible in theory, apart from the markers indicating the wreckage.
updated to v10. Having some problems with addAction that only appears with a lot of players, still trying to pin it down.

This update *should* fix it.
Thanks Wolfenswan, updating!